Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dwwithers

Old April 15th, 2018, 01:56 PM
I having a bit of trouble building a race into 5e. My GM has allowed a homebrew race called Elf Orc (found here: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Elf_Orc_(5e_Race)) I’m wanting to build this into Hero Lab, but am having a problem with just about everything. I can get the basic race built by following the tutorial but after that I get stuck. Are there any good videos that I can watch or is there anyone out there that can build this for me so I can add it in? Thanks in advance.

Dan
dwwithers is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 16th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Daplunk has a few videos if you search for hero lab channels on youtube.

I'm going to guess that you've added darkvision to the base race, but now you're trying to figure out how to add 3 "Hybrid Physiological Traits" as choices to the race.

One easy/quick-and-dirty way to do this is to use the Variant Racial Traits.

You could create Var. Racial Traits for each of the features listed there.

This method would make the race behave like the variant human, but by default there are no limits to the number of variant racial traits you can add. You would have to figure out how to force the limit to 3, or just tell your players to only select 3 from the list.

Last edited by dungeonguru; April 16th, 2018 at 07:11 AM.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote