Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 30th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The tool will always generate separate topic files.
This kind of puts a kibosh on things you can do more easily with a single file. Print the realm as one print job. Send it to a friend as a single PDF file. Bringing into Word or Open Office or Libre Office as a single import.
EightBitz is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 30th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
This kind of puts a kibosh on things you can do more easily with a single file. Print the realm as one print job. Send it to a friend as a single PDF file. Bringing into Word or Open Office or Libre Office as a single import.
Ok, I'll look at putting back the single file option.
Maybe I've just been working on realms that are too big :-)

If the realm has external files in it (E.g. PDF files, herolab portfolios), then those will still appear as separate files to the single HTML file. I haven't found a way to encode files inline although pictures can be inlined just fine.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 31st, 2018, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Ok, I'll look at putting back the single file option.
Maybe I've just been working on realms that are too big :-)

If the realm has external files in it (E.g. PDF files, herolab portfolios), then those will still appear as separate files to the single HTML file. I haven't found a way to encode files inline although pictures can be inlined just fine.
You can inline statblocks, as those are just HTML files. Just have to remove the the tags for document, body, title, et al. Not saying you HAVE to. Just saying you CAN. :-)
EightBitz is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 31st, 2018, 02:17 AM
Update to version 1.13

Re-instate the option to put everything into a single file.
When putting everything into a single file, put the theme.css inline into the same file.

Fix the CSS so that section numbering works properly again.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 31st, 2018, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
You can inline statblocks, as those are just HTML files. Just have to remove the the tags for document, body, title, et al. Not saying you HAVE to. Just saying you CAN. :-)
The "statblock" snippets appear to be stored in RTF format.
I haven't investigated delving inside herolab portfolio files to extract information from them.

Farling

Farling is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 31st, 2018, 03:08 AM
Quote:
The "statblock" snippets appear to be stored in RTF format.
I haven't investigated delving inside herolab portfolio files to extract information from them.
Huh. Then there's an HTML snippet type. Or something. I know there's something in there that's HTML.
EightBitz is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old January 31st, 2018, 06:56 AM
Another humble suggestion: is it possible to put an expand and contract all index bookmarks from the "index.xhtml" page? So one could do a search on the expanded index for the name of a feat, etc.?

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 1st, 2018, 06:59 AM
Release 1.14 has just been released.

Just for gloranphile :-) A global collapse/expand button now appears at the top of the navigation pane of the index page.

Each topic ends with a "Child Topics" section which links to the direct children of the topic.

Topic aliases are placed immediately below the topic title.

Provide additional export information as meta items in the head of the main page.

Replace individual style definitions with reference to a locally created CSS style (called rwStyleX), but keep the Realm Works snippet styles (Read_Aloud, Callout, Flavor, Handout) as named classes.

Farling

Farling is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old February 2nd, 2018, 06:49 AM
Thanks Farling!

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 2nd, 2018, 08:02 AM
V1.15 is now available

Stat Blocks, and the stat blocks hidden inside Hero Lab portfolio files, are now made available directly on the web page. They start out collapsed so as not to use up too much space.

(In fact, any external objects which have a file type HTM, HTML or RTF will be displayed in-line.)

The list of "child topics" is now spread across 3 columns instead of being a single long column.

The "generator" meta tag is now filled in properly with the name and version of the tool.

This version now incorporates the ZLIB and QUAZIP libraries (in order to extract files out of the Hero Lab portfolio files).

Farling

Farling is offline   #60 Reply With Quote