Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

gmanor

Old July 29th, 2020, 07:40 PM
My group is doing a custom sea campaign that uses some of the vessels from Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I know you can create vehicles in HL Shadowrun but I'd really like to be able to make a vehicle minion in my HL D&D 5e. Anybody know how to make this happen?
gmanor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 2nd, 2020, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure how they are doing it in the community pack, but one way to do it would be to:

Step 1: Make a NPC monster containing the ship stats like you would create a normal monster.

Step 2: Go back over to the General tab of the editor and find the Minion/Hirelings tab.

At this point you can simply Copy one of the other minions (donkey, etc..), change the name and go to the far right of the editor to select the Minion button which should have a checkmark by it. In the popup from that button, you can select the Bootstraps button and you'll see where this minion object bootstraps rMule - you can replace that with the race you created in Step 1.

You can get sophisticated here and try to create your own headers for Vehicles under the Minion/Hirelings dialogue, one to look at would the the minHdMount thing (Mounts & Other Animals). I'm not going into detail though because there might be unforseen sorting issues if you do that.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote