Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Darius Darksoul

Old July 24th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Is it possible to write an eval script to define a pair of boots belt and cloak and tell the program what equipment slots these items take up?
Darius Darksoul is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 24th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Please explain exactly what you want here - do you want a single purchase, that takes up both the cloak and boot slots? That should be simple - just check the tags for both slots on the item. Or do you want the user to make one purchase, and get two items - boots and a cloak (and then be able to choose which they are actually wearing, and potentially lose or sell just one). That would be done with an auto-add.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Darius Darksoul

Old July 24th, 2021, 09:06 PM
The set takes the Feet slot/Boots, The Bel slot and the shoulders slot.
Darius Darksoul is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 26th, 2021, 02:38 PM
So you're looking to create four items, and you want to set the slots that each occupies?
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 26th, 2021, 11:37 PM
I think we all need more detail on what you want to do.
The three items that you mention already have slots assigned to them. What do you mean by magic item "set"? Do the three items already exist in HL, or are these new items you will create? Can a Hero buy the items individually, or do they get all three together?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Darius Darksoul

Old July 29th, 2021, 07:48 PM
Dami the three items are a set that only function when together they can not be separated. They are three items a belt, cloak and boots. All I want to do is find a way to do is have the item slots filled when the items are equipped. I am not concerned with the items not functioning when separated I will just add that in the text for the sets description.

I am having another problem with the set I seem to have added something that changes the size of the wearer when the set is equipped it increases the wearers size by one size. I have no idea of what this could be.
Darius Darksoul is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 29th, 2021, 10:51 PM
You can create each item separately, and make each have no powers on its own. Then on one item have a check (Epr-req I think) that looks to see if all three items are equipped. If they are, grant the powers of the set. Or as Mathias suggests above for making a set and having it add the three items.
Size increase - Make sure you don't have an adjustment or another item on the Hero increasing size. Check the scripts on the items you have created - one must have something you didn't expect or intend doing this.
If in doubt, post your userfile here and we can check & offer advice.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote