Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old December 26th, 2020, 01:09 PM
I did make the "new source" the way you said originally but I wanted it to show up nicely too.
Provos is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 26th, 2020, 10:29 PM
When creating a new caster class that seems to function similar to a cleric should I make new copies of the spell or can I just use the cleric spells?
Provos is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 27th, 2020, 10:15 AM
I have a domain that give you x point per day based on thaumaturge Class to add to damage or attack. Can't find a eval script to duplicate any suggestions where to look, thanks.
Provos is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 27th, 2020, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
When creating a new caster class that seems to function similar to a cleric should I make new copies of the spell or can I just use the cleric spells?
If a spell already exists use that - don't make a copy.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 27th, 2020, 01:04 PM
I did have to make duplicates of some spells for the new domains as they had access at different levels.
Provos is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old December 31st, 2020, 06:59 AM
So I am making a class for an NPC that is from the Book of Fiends. I am trying to make the class Thaumaturge.

It seems to me I should just do an variant class of Cleric as it has spells an domains like a cleric. I tried making it its own class but couldn't get it working. The class has a special called corruptions. You roll a d100 and you get the a trait every 4 levels. see picture

How would I do that? I assume I need to add all the traits and then maybe make it a bonus feat the player must be select and it does the bonus or penalty?

Another ability is Instant Summons
Quote:
Once per day, per five levels in this class, the thaumaturge can cast a prepared summon monster of a level he can normally cast, as a free action. Monsters conjured this way must be of the following types.
How would I do this? Thanks
Provos is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 1st, 2021, 09:30 AM
So for the corruptions I decided to make each one a feat. I made the corruption a class ability. So now you will pick them like a fighter bonus feat every four levels. There is a rare roll that will make it a greater corruption so not sure how to do that as that is a different list of corruptions.
Provos is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old January 3rd, 2021, 05:08 PM
Is there a way to disallow ring use with a script? I looked at hand of glory script to add an extra slot so I was curious if you could change it to remove slots.

Last edited by Provos; January 3rd, 2021 at 05:13 PM.
Provos is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 4th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Quote:
So for the corruptions I decided to make each one a feat. I made the corruption a class ability. So now you will pick them like a fighter bonus feat every four levels. There is a rare roll that will make it a greater corruption so not sure how to do that as that is a different list of corruptions.
Seems to me you could make the Corruptions as Custom Abilities. Greater Corruptions could be a separate Custom Ability.
Sendric is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 4th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Is there a way to disallow ring use with a script? I looked at hand of glory script to add an extra slot so I was curious if you could change it to remove slots.
Never tried, but it stands to reason you could reverse it. Best way to know is to try it and find out!
Sendric is offline   #30 Reply With Quote