Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

techogre

Old May 18th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Hello All!

Can someone give an estimate of how long after the main M&M data set will the Ultimate Power data set be available?

Thanks!
techogre is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
At 06:15 AM 5/18/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Can someone give an estimate of how long after the main M&M data set will the Ultimate Power data set be available?
This will be up to two significant factors. First, Green Ronin will have a hand in this decision that is outside of our control. Second, the level of complexity involved will impact how much time and effort is required to incorporate the material. We've got a pretty good handle on the core M&M material at this point vis-a-vis getting it into HL, but we haven't look at the Ultimate Power stuff in any detail yet. Now that we've got the World of Darkness stuff pretty well in hand, we'll be able to do that soon.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Boddhisattva

Old July 9th, 2008, 12:04 AM
My players and I, also, are looking forward very eagerly to the release of the Ultimate Powers rules.

The Mastermind's Manual would be very, very nice also, but Ultimate Power is the book, almost as much as the core rulebook, that I consider really essential to this game.
Boddhisattva is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old July 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I haven't purchased the program yet- just a brief disclaimer...

Over at the Atomic Think Tank forum, Colen said that Origins went really well for you.. and that the Ultimate Powers dataset looks more and more likely (and more infromation will be pending closer to the date it actually happens).

That's great.. but I wanted to echo and reinforce the sentiments in this thread. It's standard practice by a great many M&M2E players to take the entire 5th Chapter of the Core Book and replace it with the Ultimate Powers book.

Because while it's a 'supplement' it's such a powerful and well received 'supplement' that it's often treated as core rules.

Now that doesn't do anything concerning Green Ronin giving license for you to do it, and if that hasn't happened I'll be happy to register my interest with them.. but I wanted to provide some contextual feedback for you guys.

Many people treat it as Core Rules.

Thanks for listening!
JimGroves is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EdtheDM

Old July 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hi Folks,

I am a big fan of Hero Lab for M&M and I agree with the points that everyone has made regarding Ultimate Power as a valuble resource and much needed data set for HL.

I am also aware that Lone Wolf has to have the approval of Green Ronin to produce and market such a data set.

I am going to start another thread on this message board for people to post some kind of statement with regards to wanting a data set for UP as soon as is feasible.

I feel like Green Ronin can look at a thread dedicated to that with dozens or hopefully hundreds of posts and be able to use that as a meter to gauge the amount of interest in such a set.

If you're interested in this, please find the thread either here or on the Atomic Think Tank forums and drop a post in there showing your interest.

Thanks very much!

Ed
EdtheDM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 9th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Green Ronin has already given us their blessings for the creation of
an Ultimate Power add-on for Hero Lab. What is now needed is the time
to actually get it all implemented and tested. We're working on it
now, but there are also a few other things screaming for attention in
parallel with the UP add-on, so we are not able to focus on it
exclusively at the moment.

We realize that this is an add-on with a very high demand and it is
definitely a priority for us. Our goal is to have it completed by the
end of the summer, but that assumes we don't run into any major
surprises along the way. Keep those fingers crossed that everything
goes smoothly for us. :-)
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old July 10th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
Green Ronin has already given us their blessings for the creation of
an Ultimate Power add-on for Hero Lab. What is now needed is the time
to actually get it all implemented and tested. We're working on it
now, but there are also a few other things screaming for attention in
parallel with the UP add-on, so we are not able to focus on it
exclusively at the moment.

We realize that this is an add-on with a very high demand and it is
definitely a priority for us. Our goal is to have it completed by the
end of the summer, but that assumes we don't run into any major
surprises along the way. Keep those fingers crossed that everything
goes smoothly for us. :-)
This is good news! This is a lot better than I was expecting.

And really, no sensible person can blame you for not wanting to give a specific date. People would try to hold you accountable to it, bitch about it, and then it becomes a bad PR situation.

But left to the consumer's imagination, they can start thinking the worst. For example: that it's never come up in conversation with Green Ronin yet, or that you're considering putting it on the docket of Spring 2010.

Lololol..

This answer (above) gives us something, while not committing you to anything that is going to come back and bite you later. Thanks!
JimGroves is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Thrydmon

Old September 19th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Can we get another update on the release of the Ultimate Powers add-on? I've bought the product, but my friends won't even concider using it until the Ultimate Powers is available for this program.
Thrydmon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2008, 06:43 PM
At 02:12 PM 9/19/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Can we get another update on the release of the Ultimate Powers add-on? I've bought the product, but my friends won't even concider using it until the Ultimate Powers is available for this program.
We're still striving to get the UP material released by the end of the month. It's going to be tight, so it might slip a little into October, but it won't miss by much. The main reason for the tight schedule is that I've been dealing with a pretty severe neck problem for the past three weeks, and that's impacting my ability to get things done. But we're making headway and should have things wrapped in the next few weeks.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sydereal

Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Rob,

As badly as I (personally) want to see this update, there's one key factor to consider.

Your health > any fanboi (or fangrrl)'s whining impatience, my own included. Take care of yourself first, Alpha Wolf.
Sydereal is offline   #10 Reply With Quote