Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

yitrul

Old June 13th, 2016, 05:24 PM
How do you burn your last edge point in HL?
yitrul is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BrotherPrætus

Old July 9th, 2016, 03:19 PM
I don't know if anyone answered this privately, or if you figured it out since your post.

You can use the Advances tab, New Advancement, Decrease Attribute (No Karma) and select Edge. Other than that, I don't see where else it might be made. Hope that helps.
BrotherPrætus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
yitrul

Old July 13th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Thanks. I tried that; however, it can not reduce any attribute, other than magic, to 0... I think the software assumes that any attribute, other than magic, may not be 0
yitrul is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Core rulebook pg. 66 says that the limits of the Edge attribute are 2/7 for a human, and 1/6 for other metatypes. I don't find anything in the Burning Edge rules that lets you exceed those limits. The magic attribute has specific rules allowing it to go down to 0, but I'm not aware of any similar rules for Edge.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BrotherPrætus

Old August 13th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Core rulebook pg. 66 says that the limits of the Edge attribute are 2/7 for a human, and 1/6 for other metatypes. I don't find anything in the Burning Edge rules that lets you exceed those limits. The magic attribute has specific rules allowing it to go down to 0, but I'm not aware of any similar rules for Edge.
Without a specific rules clarification from someone at CGL I am willing to accept that explanation. Seems counter to the intent, but I can see logic behind it.
BrotherPrætus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old August 25th, 2016, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm confused. Burning Edge permanently lowers your edge by one point, so why cannot the builder do this?

We had the same problem come up last week when we accidentally shot a flare at a gas main while hunting demonic rats. My point is, we had heavy casualties and folks couldn't figure out how to burn their edge off and lower it in the builder.

I survived so it didn't effect me, but it would be a pretty good thing to allow us to adjust.

Doesn't it specifically mention buying edge back from zero in the rules for buying back burned edge with karma?

I think the racial limits for Edge are a character creation thing, rather than an in play thing.
Polecat is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old August 25th, 2016, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
I think the racial limits for Edge are a character creation thing, rather than an in play thing.
Racial limits count for maximum increase by Karma expenditure in-play.

Last edited by Alistair; August 25th, 2016 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Not Augmented Maximum, maximum increased
Alistair is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old August 25th, 2016, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Racial limits count for Augmented Maximum in-play.
Augmented Maximum? For edge? What are you on about. You've lost me. lol

I know of no way to augment your Edge or Raise it above your natural racial limits, but that is not the problem here (if that is what it means).

The issue is having 2 players in my group who cant figure out how to burn off an edge in the builder and a 3rd one health level of death and our next game being this Saturday.

I know of no rule in the book that says if you are a human with an Edge of 2, you cannot burn a point of Edge because your minimum edge at Character Creation is 2.

In fact (I don't have my books here to check) but I am almost certain there is some note about buying your first point from zero costing 5 karma. I remember it being mentioned last week while we were trying to figure out who survived the explosion.
Polecat is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old August 25th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Augmented Maximum? For edge? What are you on about. You've lost me. lol
Sorry, I put up an edit. I meant racial limits are still enforced for raising Attributes with Karma during play. I just typed Augmented Maximum for some reason.
Alistair is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old August 25th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Sorry, I put up an edit. I meant racial limits are still enforced for raising Attributes with Karma during play. I just typed Augmented Maximum for some reason.
Oh yeah, gotchya! That was never really in question. More interested in knowing how to lower it in-play. If it was just one player it wouldn't be a hassle but the less people that complain to me about the builder and what it can or cannot do, the less I need to post here. lol

We're still waiting on the generic swimming speed of races without one listed to be implemented, which has been a little bit of a pain.
Polecat is offline   #10 Reply With Quote