Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa

Old March 30th, 2019, 05:18 AM
In "Configure Hero" under "Output Options" there is an option to "Show Feat/Ability Descriptions". This affects what is printed when the character sheet is printed. When unchecked these descriptions are not printed. When checked these descriptions are printed.

However, when checked the printed descriptions are limited to five lines, including the name of the ability or feat. Additional lines are not printed. Many descriptions are truncated by this, in some cases severely.

IMO truncating important mechanical text defeats the entire purpose of printing these descriptions. A player who does not need the description will print with the option to show these descriptions unchecked. A player who truly does need the descriptions will print with the option checked yet miss much of what they need and end up referring to other sources anyway.

I'm not asking for the existing option to be removed or even modified, but I would find it highly useful if a new option allowed full descriptions to be printed regardless of length.
WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 30th, 2019, 07:05 AM
When you print, you have different options...

Clicking the blue button Dossiers lets you change your option.

Standard Character is basically the top 2-5 sheets.
With your picture, feat list, skills, weapons etc.

The next one down, Abilities & Gear Description Appendix.
That one will print pretty much everything, and a full description of all of it, if you need that amount of information.

You can also print out spells (or optionally spells with full descriptions) as another option.

If you have the community pack, then path of war stuff (again summary or full description) are additional options.

Several builds ago, they had the Combined Abilities option, which is basically everything.

The top sheets (Standard Character) may be truncated, but are they anything less than a full description under the second option, Abilities & Gear Description Appendix?

I personally print the "top sheets" (Standard Character) for my players every session (as my HL of their character) is the official version...
At first level, and 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th, I do the Combined, for everything.

At the not 1st/5th/10th type levels, players like me to email them the PDF of the Combined set of everything, for their reference, although the previous physical Combined will have most of their stuff on it.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa

Old March 30th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Somehow I had glossed over the ability appendix option when printing. That substantially solves my need.

I still think the option I cited makes no sense because you either don't need the descriptions or you very probably need non-truncated descriptions. I'd prefer an option to print non-truncated descriptions the way I described in the original post, but now that I have a viable alternative this is merely a "nice to have", not something I would argue is high priority.

Thank you for your help!
WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote