Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kbowen0188

Old October 23rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
Hello,

I am curious if there is a particularly streamlined way to set up all of the encounters in an adventure path beforehand, therefor making it easy for myself just to yank up the encounter at any given time. Is it best to have a separate portfolio for each and every different encounter?

I am still exploring the software so this may be a horrible "newbie" sort of question. I've gotten all the PC's set up and imported into the Encounter Builder, I am just not so sure the most effective way to go about things, I suppose.

Thank you for your time!
kbowen0188 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old October 29th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbowen0188 View Post
Hello,

I am curious if there is a particularly streamlined way to set up all of the encounters in an adventure path beforehand, therefor making it easy for myself just to yank up the encounter at any given time. Is it best to have a separate portfolio for each and every different encounter?
That'd be the fastest way I can think of.
Paragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old October 30th, 2014, 05:14 AM
I would also agree, you can name the file to make is easy, and with RW you can embed the file and make it one click and bring it up in HL.
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
plays2many_rps

Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:01 PM
I am going to be moving from using HL as a player to using it as a GM & was also thinking this will be the best way to work through encounters. However, I am curious about the importing of PCs from encounter to encounter... In order to make sure stats are current, do I import PCs from encounter X to Y or does the main PC file update & then get imported from its main save location rather than from the previous encounter?
plays2many_rps is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 4th, 2014, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure how to load portfolios in the same way that RealmWorks does it, but if you have the portfolio stored in RealmWorks you can click on the file/snippet and it will load that portfolio into an existing portfolio already loaded into HeroLab.

So...

you have a portfolio with just the players in.
you load in the portfolio (from RW) for just the encounter that you are playing.
after the encounter, you delete the enemies from HeroLab.
you are back to a portfolio with just the players in.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 4th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plays2many_rps View Post
I am going to be moving from using HL as a player to using it as a GM & was also thinking this will be the best way to work through encounters. However, I am curious about the importing of PCs from encounter to encounter... In order to make sure stats are current, do I import PCs from encounter X to Y or does the main PC file update & then get imported from its main save location rather than from the previous encounter?
A good question, and I don't know the answer. If I remember, I'll experiment and get back to you if no one more knowledgeable comes along.
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote