Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prophecy

Old September 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Good day to you adventurers,

I am a new user of HL, I have had a subscribtion on DDI for a long time now.
I just bought HL for D&D 4e and did the whole process of DDIdownloading and there was no errors reported.

I have located ddi_files in the ddidownload folders where I got .dat files and 1 Mapping.xml file that seem to match but can't find the way to use those.

I tried importing those files when I am in HL but nothing looks familiar or comparable to my 4e character builder in DDI. Even the premade characters from HL don't work... that's odd !!

With what command in the Menu bar do you apply your DDI download to your module ?

Anyone would be kind enough to point the solution on how to merge DDI content with HL please. I have red many posts but it does not repair my ingnorance.

There is no way I am able to select a class in the first menu, nor race or abilities... do you have to go through the Editor or the DDI download is supposed to make pre-defined selections automaticaly ??

I know it is very noobish questions, but I just bought the program and I am looking to build characters with their pre-made abilities and assigning items and stats from the program, instead of doing it manually.

If you could please answer me or direct me to a post that covers this topic, I would really appreciate.

Thank you so much.
Best regards,

Alex

Last edited by Prophecy; September 25th, 2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: found the files
Prophecy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old September 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Sounds like the download may have not completed.

How long did it take? It took a few hours on my machine, which is less than a year old.
(WiFi - 802.11n) on a 20gb connection.

There is nothing that needs to be done after the download, the data is downloaded directly into the correct spot.

Try the downloader again, and erase (d.), then download using your DDI account (option 2).

Then close HL, and restart it.

Appears that Wolf Lair needs to update the sample character files.

BoomerET
BoomerET is offline   #2 Reply With Quote