Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

wrs92103

Old September 17th, 2021, 09:36 PM
I have a character which is getting into crafting magic items, and I'm wondering if there is a way to add custom items, like a belt of physical perfection which gives a +2 to some stats and a +4 to others. Basically what you have when you start with a belt +2 and can upgrade one attribute and not the others.

We have HL Classic, so if there's a way to make it there and export it, that's fine too.
wrs92103 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old October 1st, 2021, 07:33 PM
Over 100 views and no response. I think it is safe to say HLO doesn't have this capability for the PF1 ruleset at this time. You could probably create a custom weapon on HLC and import it with the character; I do not believe you can import individual items.
wheredoigo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 1st, 2021, 09:43 PM
HLO has no editor, so you can't create custom items like you did in HLC. There are problems importing anything from HLC that was created with that editor, so you can try, but it likely won't work.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2021, 07:14 AM
Custom data is not stored in saved characters - only the record that they have selected a particular item (and details of how they selected it and its current state), it is only stored in the .user files created in the editor, which must accompany that character in order to make use of the content there.

The way I would do this is to buy the regular belt, paying the construction cost you calculated, and then use adjustments to get the final version - so add a +4 enhancement bonus to a specific score as an adjustment, which will upgrade the +2 enhancement bonus that the belt is giving to that score.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote