Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

cedwards4

Old August 13th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Am I able to create custom spells and actions for PCs?
cedwards4 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
locklear93

Old September 2nd, 2021, 12:32 PM
I'm looking for the same without luck so far. No custom spells seems like an unusual omission, so I'm hoping it's just someplace unintuitive or something.
locklear93 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old September 2nd, 2021, 01:01 PM
I don't know about a custom spell ability, i know there ins;t a custom affliction *my personal pet request*

However, there is an antry called "Generic Ability" that you can add in the added abilities section. It's not as customizable as the generic ability you can add when building custom monsters (it doesn't allow you to give it the action or reaction tags for instance) but it does allow you to add a name and description that can show up in your characters ability section on the right of the play screen
Thrawn82 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old September 2nd, 2021, 01:15 PM
I don't know about a custom spell ability, i know there ins;t a custom affliction *my personal pet request*

However, there is an antry called "Generic Ability" that you can add in the added abilities section. It's not as customizable as the generic ability you can add when building custom monsters (it doesn't allow you to give it the action or reaction tags for instance) but it does allow you to add a name and description that can show up in your characters ability section on the right of the play screen
Thrawn82 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2021, 01:42 PM
Hmm, I thought Generic Ability was the same in both locations. If it's not, toss us a bug report please, my intent was identical function. I just checked and do see a card for the custom affliction request, we just need some time to get in additional features like this. Custom spells should be doable, we'd have to investigate (I think it would require a little setup mechanically, so not super simple). If you want to toss us a feature request for that, that'd be cool. Custom action I think falls under the purview of Generic Ability, though that might benefit from being renamed/sorted differently to make it more obvious. I'd like to get some additional sorting in place in general for the Added Abilities table in the future, but much like adding Custom Affliction/Spell, it's one of those "around content" tasks.
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old September 7th, 2021, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Hmm, I thought Generic Ability was the same in both locations. If it's not, toss us a bug report please, my intent was identical function. I just checked and do see a card for the custom affliction request, we just need some time to get in additional features like this. Custom spells should be doable, we'd have to investigate (I think it would require a little setup mechanically, so not super simple). If you want to toss us a feature request for that, that'd be cool. Custom action I think falls under the purview of Generic Ability, though that might benefit from being renamed/sorted differently to make it more obvious. I'd like to get some additional sorting in place in general for the Added Abilities table in the future, but much like adding Custom Affliction/Spell, it's one of those "around content" tasks.
Yea there's a big difference in the way it functions on a PC vs on a GM created custom monster. It may be that I am inappropriately of two separate features though. the PC one you add via the Added Abilities tab, the other you add via the "New Abilities (unique to this ancestry)" subsection of the "Customize Ancestry" tab of an NPC.

Should I submit a bug report for that? IS it possible to attach images directly to the in-system bug report?
Thrawn82 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2021, 10:36 AM
The two different location to add it is intentional, as one is for custom creature creation, and the other is more of a helper thing. My intent was that they function identically, that the Added Abilities one have all the same options as the Customize Ancestry one, any they do, but apparently all the controls aren't visible. Probably differing UI controls for PCs vs. NPCs perhaps. We'll have to investigate.

Hmm, in this case don't worry about a bug report, I'll do it directly as there's nothing for Ryan to look into and it'll be easier for me to log it and grab screenshots myself.
Daniel V is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2021, 02:14 PM
As for attaching images to bug reports, I think so, but its been a while since I've helped with those so I'm checking with Ryan to confirm one way or another.
Daniel V is offline   #8 Reply With Quote