Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Zanth

Old October 13th, 2015, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This *MAY* be due to the fact that we did not sign a new DLL that is now part of the product. It's possible that incredibly paranoid anti-virus products are throwing away the file as a potential security risk, which is causing the error. At least, that's our working theory at the moment. We know that this is occurring for at least one user - which may be you (I don't know based only on forum names). We are investigating the issue now.
I just updated and received the same error. I reinstalled RW (retaining the working files) and the same error popped up. I will disable my virus scanner and cross fingers.
Zanth is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Zanth

Old October 13th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarn View Post
I run in the same error. (on Win XP).
Same here. I'm running Win XP via a virtual machine (VM Fusion) on a Mac running el Capitan. Is there a recommendation to use a different version of windows as a best case for RW? RW is the only reason I run the VM so going with a different version of Windows would be okay in my case.
Zanth is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Zanth

Old October 13th, 2015, 12:21 AM
I uninstalled the 202 release and reinstalled. Same error
Zanth is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Alright. We will investigate further tomorrow.

Have you submitted the crash report and formally opened a support ticket? If not, please do so now. That will allow us to follow up with you directly to obtain additional info to nail down what it still going wrong for you.
rob is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Zanth

Old October 13th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it. I did send the crash report and will open up a ticket now.
Zanth is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old October 13th, 2015, 03:33 AM
I sent the crash report and opened a ticket.
tkarn is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 13th, 2015, 07:35 AM
One of my players (haven't heard back from the others yet, getting my wife to respond was relatively easy) is having something like this. Crash report sent, support ticket opened.

For the record, my RW is working fine.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2015, 07:40 AM
The new DLL indexdll.dll that we added has an additional problem now under Windows XP. Anyone who runs with Windows XP will encounter this issue. We will look at getting it sorted out soon.
davidp is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Galahan

Old October 13th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Well, I don't know if my problem is the same as the topic, but I think it looks so.

I did the major update (I made all the previos updates as well), synchronized all my realms and loaded one of them without a problem.

After correcting some font formating in my tables, I had a crash when I was saving a topic (I sent an error report). After that I can't enter Realm Works anymore. All I have is the black screen of Realm Works with the bar saying that it is loading, and nothing more. I waited for 8 minutes and nothing. Restarted the computer many times and had the same issue.

I opened a bug report ticket.
Galahan is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I'm going to post this in every thread (so sorry for the repetition):

Thanks for posting issues that you're encountering here in the forums. If you're posting an issue in the forum, please make sure it is accompanied by either an email to support@wolflair.com or a Bug Report.

The team will be looking at all the reported issues today, and may post updates in the various threads. Thanks for your patience!

Last edited by davidp; October 13th, 2015 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Fix typo
liz is offline   #30 Reply With Quote