Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Sendric

Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:25 PM
There is a prestige class in Races of the Wild called Arcane Heirophant that allows your animal companion the act as your Arcane Familiar:

Quote:
...your animal companion (if any) gains many of the abilities that a familiar would normally possess. You add your arcane hierophant class level to your arcane
spellcasting class level, and determine the Intelligence bonus and special abilities of your animal companion accordingly...
Is there a way to do this in Hero Lab? So far, I took the Arcane Familiar custom ability and added Animal Companion (cDrdComp) and Arcane Familiar (cWizFam) as "Counts as Ability". I also changed which class its available to, but I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I have a feeling it's not nearly this simple. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sendric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:00 PM
No, I'm afraid the only way to handle this would be to add a new minion type, for merged AC/AF, and the minions aren't exposed to the users for editing.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:59 AM
Does that mean I can't make a new minion type?

What if I created a template? Would I be able to have the class ability apply a template to the animal companion that mimics the benefits gained?

Edit:
Actually, it looks like I can do some things manually, such as adding a template. Granted, it would be on a case by case basis, but for my purposes it would be fine.

Last edited by Sendric; August 23rd, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I guess manually adding a template to the animal companion could be used to add the INT and special abilities of a familiar.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
r2pclaw

Send a message via Skype™ to r2pclaw

Old November 24th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Sendric, Any luck with getting the Arcane Heirophant working within the Pathfinder side of Hero Lab?
r2pclaw is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 24th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Now that users can define their own type of companions, I think this would be much more elegant to support.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote