Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

kad

Old January 14th, 2017, 06:50 AM
I added an Export tag (via Bulk Tag option) to a batch of entries and now I am getting a sync failure when trying to sync the realm.

"Sync failed with error code: Sync Finalize Error (-502)"

I was not given an option to submit a bug report.

Given that the export produced with those tags caused RW to crash when trying to import into another realm (Yes, bug report filed), I suspect it's tied together.

-K
kad is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Please open a support case. See this forum thread with instructions how: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48663
davidp is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:01 PM
This issue should now be fixed.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 17th, 2017, 09:22 AM
It is not fixed. I just updated to the newest version and have had the exact same thing happen. I waited until after the weekend to do anything, so I have the newest version. I exported a realm and it worked fine, but now the original realm will not sync.
meek75 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 17th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Removing the export tags does not work. I'll open a ticket ASAP, but it takes me some time to get the file uploaded to a cloud drive first. I think I have a RW curse. I never get through an update without issues.
meek75 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2017, 12:10 AM
It seems that the issue goes deeper than we first thought. Apologies for believing this was fixed when it wasn't. Assuming we have your database at this point, we'll investigate further and get this figured out.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 18th, 2017, 03:36 AM
Thanks!
meek75 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kad

Old January 18th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Just to let you know, the problem with mine was that, somehow (talk to David P for details, Case 112409) a custom category that I had created for Musical Instruments had gotten corrupted. It was not causing any issues however until I did my first export. It was the actual exporting that triggered it, not the adding of the tags. I had to force a re-save of the category by adding a snippet to the definition. After I did that, the sync worked again. The export did not have anything with the custom category in it however.

-K
kad is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 18th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Hmm, thanks for the info. I may try to go in and force a re-save of all my custom categories. I have thought about deleting the local file and downloading the data back from the the cloud, but that means the problem will just re-occur. I wonder if the exported file will spread the bad juju if I use it? Better to get the issue fixed and then export it again I guess.
meek75 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 18th, 2017, 11:10 AM
No luck on fixing it, but that realm does have a fair number of custom categories, so I'm betting the issues lies within one of them.
meek75 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote