Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shayd3000

Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
No problem. I too find it irritating when folks say everyone should eb interpreting the rules their own way. It feels like a copout on solid editing and writing. It also does create situations in games where folks read things differently and both make sense within the wording.

For convention games that's even worse, because at least in a home game the GM can say "this is my interpretation and it stands as law. In convention games it can get ugly if a player feels you aren't following the "rules". I've seen players stomp off in anger at games because they didn't agree with the GM's interpretation, but worse is when players waste that precious gaming time arguing about it. I've even seen people grab convention staff because they "paid" for the game and now the GM wasn't playing by the rules. While all of this can be dealt with, clearly written rules can help to reduce this type of annoyance.

I haven't had a lot of these types of issues with PF yet (but bOy do I with Savage Worlds (and those rules are fairly clear); but I expect as we move over from our RoleMaster Campaign I will start seeing these issues more and more.

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote