Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pezmerga

Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:27 AM
I am making a custom warlock for Herolab Pathfinder, and I need help with the DC for invocations... I can't just base it off Charisma because the Invocations have equivalent Spell Levels. For Instance Baleful Utterance is treated as a 2nd Level Spell.

Anyone have a DC Script available that could be modified for each invocation (based on spell level of the invocation)? Like "DC = 10 + x + Cha Modifier" Where x is the equivalent spell level.

I am not real familiar with the program, so I can't write the script myself as of yet. Thanks for any help or advice.
Pezmerga is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
The program is XML based right? So I should learn that to properly learn how to make scripts right? Sorry I should've originally asked that lol.

one of the main questions I guess I have, is there a list of identifiers for everything? Like text fields and such... For instance, is there a way for me to edit text next to something on the character sheet under special abilities? Like if I wanted to add Eldritch Blasts range on the actual character sheet? I see that "field[abSumm].text" is the text field for the special tab in Herolab. I am not sure if it shows up anywhere else though.

Last edited by Pezmerga; November 3rd, 2010 at 12:46 PM.
Pezmerga is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 4th, 2010, 09:40 AM
The data files are written in XML, but if you're using the editor, all the XML is handled by the editor, and all you'll see is HL's custom scripting language.

Phase: Post-Attributes priority: 10000
Code:

field[abDC].value += 10 + 2 + #attrmod[aCHA]
I'd generally set range as part of the abSumm, maybe the livename, depending on how critical it was, or how cluttered the name already was.

Generally, finding existing things in the editor that work like what you're trying to make is the best way to go about figuring out details like range.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The data files are written in XML, but if you're using the editor, all the XML is handled by the editor, and all you'll see is HL's custom scripting language.

Phase: Post-Attributes priority: 10000
Code:

field[abDC].value += 10 + 2 + #attrmod[aCHA]
I'd generally set range as part of the abSumm, maybe the livename, depending on how critical it was, or how cluttered the name already was.

Generally, finding existing things in the editor that work like what you're trying to make is the best way to go about figuring out details like range.
Thanks again! Another small question... if it's not too much trouble.
What if I wanted the save the ability targeted to show up on the character
sheet with the DC? Like DC 17 (Fort) etc.?
Pezmerga is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 4th, 2010, 11:51 AM
You can bypass the normal DC modifier field and its mechanisms that append it to the name:

Code:

field[abValue].value += 10 + 2 + #attrmod[aCHA]

field[livename].text = field[thingname].text & " (Fort DC " & field[abValue].value & "negates)"
I generally specify the details of the save in the summary, rather than in the name (all too often, adding "Fort DC 17 Negates" to names makes them too long).

Code:

field[abSumm].text = "(The effects of this ability), Fort DC " & field[abDC].value & " negates."
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 4th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Ok similar question, how do I change the summary text in the class tab through scripts? I want to update that information in code for abilites that get better when you level. I know the special tab summary uses field[abSumm].text for example, but can't figure out what changes the class tab summary (besides typing it in editor when making ability of course.).

Last edited by Pezmerga; November 4th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Pezmerga is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 4th, 2010, 09:48 PM
The class tab summary isn't available for altering - it's fixed to the text entered at the top right of the editor.

The intent is that during play, users will be switching between the Special, In-Play, and Adjust tabs - the class tab is only something they'll look at during character advancement.

The goal on the class tab is to give the user a glance at what's coming up - they might want to know what will be coming so they can plan other choices, like multiclassing or feat choices, so customizing the detail there isn't as important as the details offered on the Special tab.

Last edited by Mathias; November 4th, 2010 at 09:52 PM.
Mathias is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Pezmerga

Old November 4th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The class tab summary isn't available for altering - it's fixed to the text entered at the top right of the editor.

The intent is that during play, users will be switching between the Special, In-Play, and Adjust tabs - the class tab is only something they'll look at during character advancement.

The goal on the class tab is to give the user a glance at what's coming up - they might want to know what will be coming so they can plan other choices, like multiclassing or feat choices, so customizing the detail there isn't as important as the details offered on the Special tab.
Oh ok thanks .
Pezmerga is offline   #8 Reply With Quote