Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old December 18th, 2017, 06:58 PM
The reason for my query (regarding the Kickstarter material) is that about three weeks ago BJ posted on the FB page that she should be able to give more info on the status of the KS material "later that day."

I was looking for a "I looked into this and..."

"... I wasn't able to find anything out."

"... we have the stuff ready but are having contractual difficulties."

"... there is some technical issue completely separate from the CM stuff preventing us from releasing."

Really, any statement at all is SO much more reassuring than dead silence.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #191 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old December 19th, 2017, 04:32 AM
I agree with Maidhc.

Yes, BJ posted they are ensuring that the API is working. But just give use a status on this progress. are they still working on this? Have they hit another roadblock. It's the silence that frustrates everyone.

If they keep everyone informed even if it's failures, people are less likely to vent and complain. It's the lack of this information that makes everyone so edgy because we get a status, and then it's silence for 1-2 months until again someone on the forum asks, and everyone starts to vent. Only then do they feel obligated to give us a status update, just to calm us down.

It shouldn't get to that boiling point in my opinion.
joepacelli is offline   #192 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 19th, 2017, 11:48 AM
She did post an update? Like 2 weeks ago. LWD are a small team and have always generally done monthly updates so unless something has changed I would not be expecting more information for another 2 weeks.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #193 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old December 19th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
If they keep everyone informed even if it's failures, people are less likely to vent and complain.
I wouldn't bet money on that.
Cid is offline   #194 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 19th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
She did post an update? Like 2 weeks ago. LWD are a small team and have always generally done monthly updates so unless something has changed I would not be expecting more information for another 2 weeks.
If you can point me at that update - and to the information about my specific question regarding the Kickstarter material that she said she'd have information on - I'd appreciate it.

Yes, they're a small team. That's why I'm requesting a small amount of info. I am requesting it politely, and I'll happily state what I understand, based on the information that we've been given. If I'm got something wrong I'd love corrected info.

The holdup with the Content Market is the interaction between RealmWorks and the Paizo store. The Content Market might be live around Christmas, but that's not guaranteed. LoneWolf wants to get it going - I firmly believe and trust in that statement. I do want the Content Market, and plan to spend some money there .

The Kickstarter material doesn't come from the Paizo store, so the holdup for that stuff probably isn't the same thing.

The mechanism for distributing material is in place (Isle of Kandril, We Be Goblins have been released).

What we haven't been told (unless it's in that update daplunk referenced) is why the Kickstarter stuff hasn't been released, or when it might be released. That's what I'd love to know.

Thank you in advance for considering my request for information (and for more regular updates, whether there's anything new to share or not).
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #195 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 21st, 2017, 04:52 AM
So an update passes, not for us, but for HLO?

I have had a bug report for months awaiting a fix.

Almost 4 years for CM so maybe a feature or two from the survey. Nope.

Merry Christmas from LWD to all Realm Works owners.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #196 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old December 21st, 2017, 07:07 AM
LWD has probably learned what WOTC learned with Xanathar's guide becoming the fastest selling book in D and D history.

You will make more $$$ if you focus on the players rather than the DM, of find a way to sell to both.

I would expect the Content Market to either go dead, or stay on the back burner for quite a while while they work on Hero Lab Online and all the bugs and issues that they most likely will have with that.

Realm Works really does not focus on the players right now (maybe if the web view ever happens), so it is totally understandable for them to focus all their efforts on Hero Lab Online, it has a lot bigger customer base and probably not the headaches we are seeing with Piazo and the content market.

Sadly, we probably will see very little done for Realm Works in 2018, but thank god we got the import/export. Huge improvement for Realm Works.
gaffneyks is offline   #197 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 21st, 2017, 07:33 AM
Hope springs eternal for me.

I believe that they want RW to come to full fruition.
I believe that there is only a little overlap between HLO and RW teams.

But I do want that update on the status of the Kickstarter material .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #198 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old December 21st, 2017, 10:59 AM
Per a post on FB by BJ on the Realm Works page, we should see some updates tomorrow, Friday December 22nd or 23rd depending upon your time zone.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #199 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 21st, 2017, 08:12 PM
No amount of communication will ever repair the last 4.5 years.
AEIOU is offline   #200 Reply With Quote