Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

praguepride

Old March 30th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I'm new to hero lab and have been trying to implement a variety of homebrew items I've created over the years, but I'm running into a few problems.

1) What tag do you use to modify animal companion attributes? I thought it would be the same as modifying user stats, but it doesn't seem to work.

I tried this:

hero.minion[AnimComp].child[aSTR].value += field[abValue].value

But it threw an error (Invalid use of reserved word in script).

I'm betting that it can't properly use aSTR to modify the companion's strength, but I don't know what tag or tree structure I should use to modify said data.

2) How can I test what kind of "faction" a character has. I tried this:

#hasfaction[facArcDwar] <> 0

But that threw an error saying it couldn't resolve the left side of the relational equation. I'm guessing there is no "#hasfaction" but how else can I test for what faction a hero has.

3) How can I only test for a pre-req (like the faction above) at the time of selection and not afterwards?

My goal is to have factions that allow access to certain feats/items/abilities etc. but to also be able to have players switch factions without it throwing up a bunch of errors with their current selection of feats/skills etc.

However, it should restrict access to any further items related to that faction.

Any help would be most appreciated
praguepride is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old March 30th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Are you trying to change an existing companion, or create a new varient of an existing one?

it might be easier to just create a new one and that way you would need to worry about scripting.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2011, 07:51 AM
It is like modifying the character's stats - but you missed a step, and you have the incorrect Id for the minion you're looking for.

hero.minion[cAnimComp].child[aSTR].field[Bonus].value += field[abValue].value

Check the Andoren Falconry feat - that has an example of how to modify the stats of an animal companion.

For faction-based feats, have you tried opening one of the feats that was added in the faction guide, or one of the Pathfinder Society's faction specific traits in the editor, and looking at its exprreqs to see how a requirement for a specific faction is coded in that case?

@ispick will equal 0 while you are selecting something and 1 after selection, so

validif (@ispick <> 0)

will make your prereq valid once you've selected a thing.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
praguepride

Old March 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM
It would appear that the Upbringing feats have some sort of internal code that only allows a single one to be picked, so that solved most of my problems.

Thanks for the help!
praguepride is offline   #4 Reply With Quote