Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

r3v

Old June 7th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I'm VERY new to HL and fairly new to PF, so please forgive me. I did a quick search in the forum, but did not see this covered.

Background: I've bought HL, chose PF and then bought some PF and SR modules.

I'm creating a PF Beginner Box adventure for my stepson. So far, I've used HL to create some NPCs and it's been fantastic. Human cleric, elf wizard, dwarf rogue.

Problem: I want to create a halfling NPC now. I can't seem to figure out how to do it though. If I create an "ally of the party" I'm limited to the 3 races PCs are allowed to be in Beginner Box (i.e. Human, Dwarf or Elf).

If I create an "enemy of the party" then I can select one of those three OR one from some set of NPC races. Those NPC races do not include any of the PC races that are excluded from the Beginner Box character creation process (e.g. Halfing, Half-orc).

That seems odd. I should be able to make an NPC of pretty much any race, but barring that I should at least be able to make an NPC of standard PC races. Right?

Am I missing something? It seems odd I can make an Animated Statue NPC but not a Halfling.

TL;DR: How do I make a Halfling NPC for PF Beginner Box?

r3v is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old June 8th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Basically you can't. The halfling race was not included with the Beginneer Box set either as a PC or NPC race.

You are also not able to add them into the Begineer Box through the editor as it is not available for the Begineer Box.

So if you wish to use halflings you will have to graduate the the full Pathfinder version in Hero Lab.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.

Last edited by Angela2013; June 8th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Angela2013 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
r3v

Old June 8th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Interesting. That's too bad, but I understand. I guess I will just have to create the NPCs in full PF to use them in the Beginner Box game.

It appears that I can't import from the Beginner Box portfolio into the PF portfolio because it's considered a different game system. Understandable, but that would have been a nice timesaver. (It also makes me wonder if there are PF rules about graduating characters from Beginner Box to full game chars.)

Thanks for the response!
r3v is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old June 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM
As far as I know, at this time there is no way to transfer a Begineer Box character into Pathfinder. You just have to recreate the character in the Pathfinder version.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote