Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daeorian

Old March 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I've leveled or added HD to an existing "stock" creature from Miscellaneous Monsters, but now I want to create new breed of creature. A cat.

I'm thinking that I want to start with the existing "stock" cat and somehow use the HL Editor to modify the creature. Is that going to work? Are there any gotchas I should know about?

Actually, the cat is only the first of several new "monsters" I want to create/modify using HL. I just wanted to ask for advice before I screwed things up rather than afterwards.
Daeorian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 25th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Well, I've started without anyone's input. I've run into a problem.

I started with the basic Cat. I created a new Race by clicking the "New (Copy)" button. Then I selected the stock Cat and started making changes.

One thing I can't figure out. I've read the Help and I've been all over the window and I can't figure out how you set the creature's default Ability Scores. Would anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

[Edit]
Never mind. You see, when I can't sleep and stay up all night working on stuff like this, my brain gets a little fuzzy. I just re-read the help info and there it was in the first paragraph. I must have looked at it a half dozen times without it registering. Maybe it's time I went to bed.

Last edited by Daeorian; March 25th, 2011 at 03:42 AM.
Daeorian is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 25th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Well, clearly I've done something wrong. I think I've got everything done to my "new breed of cat". I've saved it and clicked the "Test Now!" button and HL says, "You may now use 'Cat, Elven' within Hero Lab." But, when I create a new portfolio and go to select race, it doesn't show up.

Any guesses on where I goofed?
Daeorian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Did you create a source for it? If so, you would need to select that source in the Configure Hero window.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 25th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Did you create a source for it? If so, you would need to select that source in the Configure Hero window.
BINGO!!! Thanks humongously!
Daeorian is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Glad I could help.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I've got my new feline critter created and most everything seems alright. This feline is storied as the familiar of an extraordinarily powerful wizard and has a level or two of sorcerer. I've already added Knowledge-Arcana to his skill list. Problem is on the Sorcerer tab, under Special Abilities, I cannot select an Arcane Bloodline Class Skill. Screen shots are attached.

This problem is really being a ... well, a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: png HL-Problem-0001.png (123.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png HL-Problem-0002.png (93.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Daeorian; March 26th, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Daeorian is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chava

Old March 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM
You need to manually add whichever Knowledge skill that you want for the arcana bloodline to the skill tab first.

Then it will be available for selection.
chava is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 26th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
You need to manually add whichever Knowledge skill that you want for the arcana bloodline to the skill tab first.

Then it will be available for selection.
I already did that, and I said I had already done that in my last post.
Daeorian is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 27th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeorian View Post
I already did that, and I said I had already done that in my last post.
I think he's saying to go to the Skills tab and make sure that Knowledge (arcana) is selected as a skill. You don't have to put ranks into it but you do need to make sure that it is showing up on your skill list. You need to do that with all the Knowledge, Craft, Profession, and Perform skills in order for them to show up in class and race specials.
blzbob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote