Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Okay, okay...you caught me. I wanted to put Colen's "Thread Tag" system to the test.

However, the question is valid.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2010, 03:15 PM
No beta version this time - we'll be re-releasing a bunch of game systems with minor updates when HL3.6e comes out, which should hopefully be in the next couple of days.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old September 14th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
No beta version this time - we'll be re-releasing a bunch of game systems with minor updates when HL3.6e comes out, which should hopefully be in the next couple of days.
Ah...sorry for any confusion....I didn't think there would be another Beta coming out.

I was referring to & hoping the the remaining "problem child" issues that had been found with this most recent 2E Beta would be "fixed" in the next 2E release since the last update only squished some of the bugs.

If I recall correctly, your previous comment on the issue of "fixes" was that you wanted to get some fixes out now and you'd try to get more into the next "for the public at large" update.

So, hearing that HL 3.6e will be in a "couple of days" all I can say in response is: Hurray!!!

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Here's the current bug fix list for M&M2e - this incorporate the "Improved Range" and "Increase / Decrease Area" extra changes that Duggan sent me, among other things:

* Added a new "Languages" feat you can add using Enhanced Trait to add new languages.
* Corrected the text for Wall-Crawling.
* Some feats and power options that should have been marked Unique were not, or vice versa (thanks Woodclaw!).
* The "Progression, Increase Range" and "Progression, Increase / Decrease Area" feats now work properly (thanks Duggan!).
* Having 0 Intelligence or Wisdom no longer gives you an immunity to Will saves, since you're still vulnerable to Will saves from non-mental effects.
* The "Stacks with" extra now counts ranks added by "chaining" powers (like Super-Speed chaining ranks onto Quickness and Speed).
* NPC HQs no longer give power level errors.
* Dazzle, Illusion and Obscure now have separate entries for Visual senses, since they cost 2/r instead of 1/r.

Hopefully this includes the fixes you were referring to. If not, let me know...
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 15th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Just out of curiosity, is there any reason to include both Progression Increase Area feats? Currently there are two. I only coded for the one already supported by Nullifying Field.

Last edited by Duggan; September 16th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Hmm... I'm not sure why there are two of them. I'll put this on the list to fix later, but I can't just remove it without breaking people's existing heroes.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old September 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Here's the current bug fix list for M&M2e - this incorporate the "Improved Range" and "Increase / Decrease Area" extra changes that Duggan sent me, among other things:

* Added a new "Languages" feat you can add using Enhanced Trait to add new languages.
* Corrected the text for Wall-Crawling.
* Some feats and power options that should have been marked Unique were not, or vice versa (thanks Woodclaw!).
* The "Progression, Increase Range" and "Progression, Increase / Decrease Area" feats now work properly (thanks Duggan!).
* Having 0 Intelligence or Wisdom no longer gives you an immunity to Will saves, since you're still vulnerable to Will saves from non-mental effects.
* The "Stacks with" extra now counts ranks added by "chaining" powers (like Super-Speed chaining ranks onto Quickness and Speed).
* NPC HQs no longer give power level errors.
* Dazzle, Illusion and Obscure now have separate entries for Visual senses, since they cost 2/r instead of 1/r.

Hopefully this includes the fixes you were referring to. If not, let me know...
Hey Colen,

I understand you can't do the fix to the Play Aid Sheet at this time.

What about adding the "Tactical Movement" option from the Mastermind's Manual to the 'Configure Character' list and having those values, if selected for the character, print on the sheet?

How about showing onscreen & in the printed sheet's power description block the Thrown Power Feat method, (Range: x ft, incr y ft), for all powers? Example of how it would look for a Rank 8 Sleep attack is: (Full (Active) - Max Range 800 ft, incr 80 ft - Instant (Lasting)) with, of course, the appropriate values shown if someone buys either or both Power Feats: PF: Improved Range & PF: Progression, Increase Range on the Power.

FYI: on the matter of two AoE listings, I'd say you should keep the 'Progression, Incr. Area Extra' as I feel the more descriptive the title, the better. :-) Perhaps add a line in the software what will recognize where the other wording appears in an existing character and automatically alter it to the longer & more precise wording for display onscreen and/or simply saves it with the chosen wording the next time the character is saved and thus, it is never again an issue with that particular character. Or is that too Big Brother? ;-P

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; September 17th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I'll put that stuff on the to-do list. It won't fix up the deprecated version, at least not initially, just hide it in the list of possible choices.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
I'll put that stuff on the to-do list. It won't fix up the deprecated version, at least not initially, just hide it in the list of possible choices.
Cool. Thanks.

Keep up the good work and don't worry, if the GM I'm gaming with switches to 3rd Ed. I'll stop nitpicking 2nd Edition and will switch my attention to 3rd.

Unless, of course, all these other fine folks on the Forum have completely debugged it by then & left me nothing to find.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote