Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Dragon5e

Old May 21st, 2021, 06:22 PM
Something seems off about the slam when I add it to look at the wild shape. After looking it up seems that the natural attack had +3 dam and attack added to it. Slam had str+2 bonus to attack and well after looking at the stats. https://www.dndbeyond.com/monsters/air-elemental

The slam attacks of the elemental is based on Dex. That make everything match up. No need to add +3 dam/att bonus. Now I don't know the rule for str or dex Slam of elementals. I took out the +3 bonus in natural attacks and then add a weapon finesse adjustment. It work for me now esp looking at other elemental attacks they do not have a bonus.

Do other monsters need to be looked at for str/dex natural attacks? I'm glad I don't have to do those whew.
Dragon5e is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragon5e

Old May 21st, 2021, 07:21 PM
The fire ele give me an answer for Dex slams. Ok after looking at the tags turn out I need DamageOver aDEX and MelAttOver aDEX to get air ele to use DEX for att and dam. Great
Dragon5e is offline   #2 Reply With Quote