Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dungeonguru

Old September 6th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardukBathory View Post
I know I'm showing my ignorance, but how do I go about making a formal request? I am signed up to githup, but beyond that everything on there is well beyond me.
Click on the Open Issues link in my signature. Should be a green button to open a new issue.
dungeonguru is offline   #731 Reply With Quote
marikunin

Old September 6th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
Well, no/yes, when you copy the subclass you'll see all the things bootstrapped to it on your copy. One of those bootstraps will be Circle Spells (cDrdCirSpe). Knowing that you can now move over to the Class Special tab and make of copy of Circle Spells. You'll see where the original bootstraps at least 64 spells and puts a condition on each of the bootstraps that looks for an index (this being the index on the dropdown list). You can simplify your copy of Circle Spells and bootstrap only those you want without conditions and remove the dropdown array (easiest) or insert your new circle into the array and bootstrap your new spells and go through all the spells and make sure they use the right index on their condition (hard and hint: the array index starts at 0, not 1).

So at this point after saving and testing you'd replace cDrdCirSpe on your copy of the new druid subclass with the new Circle Spells you just created/copied and it should be ready to go.

So, a bit of juggling and a tough subclass to crack.

Creating a new Paladin Oath is a lot easier. You can copy any existing oath and see how it bootstraps oath spells I'm not aware of any of the Oaths that change out spells like the Circle of Land does for the druid so they are usually a flat subclass that just bootstrap the spells and the other specials.
Copying/editing the Paladin Oath thing I get, but not the Channel Divinity parts. I'm having trouble figuring how to put them into the system...and I think I've figured the Druid Circle thing though, thankfully.

Last edited by marikunin; September 6th, 2019 at 05:41 PM.
marikunin is offline   #732 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 11th, 2019, 09:59 AM
heya, been trying to work on monsters to finish this all up. hoping to get some questions answered. who can i talk to on this and where? i'm pretty well available through most major channels.

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #733 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old September 11th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
heya, been trying to work on monsters to finish this all up. hoping to get some questions answered. who can i talk to on this and where? i'm pretty well available through most major channels.
Feel free to make a new thread on here about your questions. We can answer them there.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #734 Reply With Quote
Maikana

Old September 14th, 2019, 03:24 AM
I’m trying to get the WGtE packs working on my iPad version of HL, I don’t have it on pc since my gaming group is at our max for licenses. I had someone else download and add the .user files and export to a .hl but all of them give the following error once I load the files

Races.user (line 7) - invalid top level element tag

Any advice on what I (or the pc user who exported the .hl) did wrong? I need the dragonmark races for a game.
Maikana is offline   #735 Reply With Quote
clavin123

Old September 23rd, 2019, 08:08 AM
I am confident I am going to reveal some ignorance here, but I am only so technical...

Are there any plans to release a new version of the Pack as a whole? (Apologies if I missed a thread on this topic, though I did search.) A simplistic look at Github (not a developer, so only so familiar with Git), indicates a huge number of commits to the master branch, but no releases.

It does not appear that more recent additions are showing up via the updates link as I checked that.

Has someone laid out a step-by-step for technically conversant (I do have a GitHub account, for example), but not profoundly tech-savvy folks who might want to incorporate community contributions made since the last update to the Pack in February 2018?

Thanks.
clavin123 is offline   #736 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old September 23rd, 2019, 09:17 AM
The short answer to your question is yes. We plan to do a large release once we've finished Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. That release will include finished thing we've done since February 2018.

I'm optimistic that once we're over that hump, things will move a bit faster and we'll have more frequent releases again. But that's all up to how much time everyone can contribute.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #737 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 23rd, 2019, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clavin123 View Post
Has someone laid out a step-by-step for technically conversant (I do have a GitHub account, for example), but not profoundly tech-savvy folks who might want to incorporate community contributions made since the last update to the Pack in February 2018?
There are a couple of threads here and there that try to explain grabbing an advanced copy of the community files, mainly for the PC. There is a complicated process to get it to a tablet/iPad that's been explained as well but I can't summarize it for the non-technical very well. A good lead is in this thread.

For PC:
Go to here.
Find the Clone/Download button and download a zip of the current master branch.
Unzip that downloaded file into your HL 5e data folder (default: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e).
Restart Hero Lab if you had it open.
Pray it works.
If it doesn't delete anything that starts with COM_ in that 5e folder and re-download the supported version.

That's about as nontechnical as I can put it. If you know how to fix .user files or troubleshoot, you can take a chance with the not-fully-tested files or provide feedback in the issues section of the github.
dungeonguru is offline   #738 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 24th, 2019, 05:29 AM
Thanks for guiding folks Dungeonguru!
Lj Stephens is offline   #739 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old September 24th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
Pray it works.
If it doesn't delete anything that starts with COM_ in that 5e folder and re-download the supported version.

That's about as nontechnical as I can put it. If you know how to fix .user files or troubleshoot, you can take a chance with the not-fully-tested files or provide feedback in the issues section of the github.
I'll second this last bit. Please let us know, preferably with screenshots of the error message(s), what went wrong so we can get it fixed.

Fenris447 is offline   #740 Reply With Quote