• Please note: In an effort to ensure that all of our users feel welcome on our forums, we’ve updated our forum rules. You can review the updated rules here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=5528.

If a fellow Community member is not following the forum rules, please report the post by clicking the Report button (the red yield sign on the left) located on every post. This will notify the moderators directly. If you have any questions about these new rules, please contact support@wolflair.com.

- The Lone Wolf Development Team

Very Disappointed in content release.

Darius Silverbolt

All,

Its neem 8 months from this post.
https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64733

In that time how many backlogged releases have we gotten for Starfinder?

Only 3 AP's of 8 have any support in HLO. The signal of screams AP was last released on Jan 2019. 29 months later and you haven't released a thing.

Where is the promised starships?

We got AA4 and that is basically all we have seen. There isn't any starfinder news on the website and none of the social media platform.

Is it time you guys give us the truth of production? It seems like a dead product. Its been treated like a dead product.

I am at the point where I am going to treat it like a dead product and stop funding my online account.

Your online forums barely even function and crash so much its hard to communicate with you and you haven't setup an alternate means.

Your lack of communication has been staggering.

They have been releasing fixes to Starfinder in the last two patches. I know starships have been discussed but no date given but it was on the list of things to do. The forums never really recovered from the outage a while back :(

They have been releasing fixes to Starfinder in the last two patches. I know starships have been discussed but no date given but it was on the list of things to do. The forums never really recovered from the outage a while back :(

True on the forum. I think switching over to something much more reliable such as Discord would be better in many ways. Not a perfect answer but easier.

But, still no AP content padt a certain point. In SFS, you can spend points or have gotten boons to play certain AP races, such as Planar Scion races like Undine from Dead Suns.

This latest newsletter did make me wonder what's LWD process for deciding which SF content to implement... Why concentrate on Galaxy Exploration Manual and not Dawn of Flames / Attack of the Swarm APs ?

I'll always be glad we get new material. I'm just interested into the decision process

I'll always be glad for new material as well. However, I expect it to have all of the available material. That's why I spend my money to have the service. Otherwise I could save the money and just do it by hand.

It's hard to tell what drives decisions. I know transparency can be a double-edged sword, as some people will set hard expectations based on what's shared. But personally, I think LW would benefit from some combination of publishing their roadmap, making feature requests public and able to be voted on by the community, and insight into how their teams work.

In the agile teams I've coached, transparency is paramount in building trust with your stakeholders. Of course, they've been at this a long time, and may limit that transparency to internal product owners because they've learned the community isn't very flexible when things don't work out.

Last edited:
So, I see Pathfinder AP is pretty close to up to date. While Starfinder is so far behind. I'm missing SFS sanctioned content and allowed content with boon/ACP from Adventure Paths (example, Planar Scions such as Undines), and then there are the Themes like Battle Medic.

When will we see the Starfinder AP stuff? I'm not concerned with the GM stuff, I want the player stuff added.. The character generator is why I got the original HL, and when HLO had SFS as the flagship product, it seemed pretty good and I invested in it.. But now.. It's so far behind on SFS AP stuff, it's causing me to lose interest, since that's what I need it for the most.

Cursory review of Hephaistos: Hey look, I can build my Spell Sergeant Mystic. Oh, look, a Starship Builder.

Looks like a viable, fully featured alternative already. I'll probably switch over if I don't get Spell Sergeant before my subscription runs out.

So, I see Pathfinder AP is pretty close to up to date. While Starfinder is so far behind. I'm missing SFS sanctioned content and allowed content with boon/ACP from Adventure Paths (example, Planar Scions such as Undines), and then there are the Themes like Battle Medic.

When will we see the Starfinder AP stuff? I'm not concerned with the GM stuff, I want the player stuff added.. The character generator is why I got the original HL, and when HLO had SFS as the flagship product, it seemed pretty good and I invested in it.. But now.. It's so far behind on SFS AP stuff, it's causing me to lose interest, since that's what I need it for the most.

That is one thing for sure that has left me feeling rather bitter as the SF product was the flagship product for HLO it has been left as a secondary thought at this point.

Hephaistos seems to be up to date on the major books, has a Patron option, and seems to be fairly user friendly on initial look. Using it now to build my AP PC's and will do a SFS LV12 PC to see how it looks and feels. Hopefully competition will get HLO to start working more here on the AP line.

I wonder if maybe they just decided it wasn’t worth it to work on Starfinder beyond the minimum. I do see them updating the core content but not the adventure paths or other content besides the creatures deck(that was really adding a couple of creatures). Also when looking at patch updates it seems to always be largely pathfinder that gets the love. It kind of makes sense I guess it is The newer thing. Almost curious if maybe they decided not to pay for the AP content license.

Last edited:
Back