Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2018, 05:05 PM
OK, folks!

At long last, the covers are going to get kicked off of the new edition of Savage Worlds:

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition!

The Kickstarter goes live on October 16th. Be sure to hop on board and support your favorite role-playing game as it embarks on a new edition!

Now, for you Hero Lab fans, word has it that yours truly will get his hands on a copy soon, do I can get to work on keeping Hero Lab up-to-date.

Stay Tuned for Updates!

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 14th, 2018, 05:14 PM
I await with bated breath!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 16th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Kickstarter is up for anyone that may have missed it or forgotten: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...enture-edition

For an idea on timeline the KS ends on November 15th and the PDF version of the new book should be available to all KS backers usually about a month later, so likely mid-December. There is often a round of backers that will essentially do a crowd-sourced editing run and give Pinnacle lots of great feedback which they'll work on and update the PDF for everyone. Usually that may be another month, after which they'll also push that as a finalized version that will become the printed book and so probably another couple of months, possibly longer depending on the size of the print run and a bunch of other things, after that they'll ship out your stuff. In the meantime if there are any errata or anything else that gets found they will update the PDF further, if needed, so the PDF copy is always the "latest, greatest" version. There usually isn't much that doesn't get caught in that first crowd-sourced go around, though, from what I've seen.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; October 16th, 2018 at 09:49 AM.
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old October 16th, 2018, 01:35 PM
And they not only already made their funds, unless I can't read, they already blew past all their stretch goals.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 16th, 2018, 01:38 PM
All the ones they've put up so far, anyway. The started with just two at launch earlier today but they added the others you see there today, and they've added still more. They may well add more still if the listed goals continue to be surpassed.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MattVG

Old October 22nd, 2018, 12:50 PM
I don't suppose there will be an upgrade path of some sort to Savage Worlds Adventure for those of us who bought the current version and companion books in Hero Lab? I hear they're releasing conversion guides, but obviously that doesn't help us in Hero Lab.
MattVG is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure there will nothing to more to buy. It should just be an upgrade to the ruleset not a wholesale replacement or anything. Nothing like changing versions in D&D.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MattVG

Old October 22nd, 2018, 06:17 PM
That would be really nice. I was imagining a major jump like a D&D edition change.
MattVG is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 22nd, 2018, 06:41 PM
No, if you look at the Kickstarter you'll see the changes they expect. I think the biggest change from a Hero Lab standpoint will probably be Athletics and whatever skills it replaces. The removal of Charisma also have a few tendrils to pull out, I think, but largely that seems to be it. There will probably be a lot of text updates maybe some new Powers, Edges, and/or Hindrances but most likely the rest of the changes will be for for changing the text of existing things to be clearer based on the questions they've gotten over the years and such.

In any case Pinnacle has clearly stated that, like all of their other editions, these will still be very much "backwards compatible", and everything we've seen so far would not, I don't think, require any kind of major overhaul to what HL already has running for the Savage Worlds ruleset. Definitely nothing like how D&D has done over the years.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 27th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Oh, no, as far as I know there will be no upcharge. Edition upgrades like this are included.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote