Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old April 9th, 2018, 12:39 PM
I'm having some problems with the Interface Zero files. I took advantage of the Bundle that is being offered of all Interface Zero running this week and was trying to do some entering with Hero Lab.

1.) When I buy Cyberware that is Streetware,Hyperchrome, and Milware it is showing up as Gutterware instead.

2.) I can't find the TAP-Aplications.

3.)I can't find find the Miyamoto K-Tana and core Savage Worlds weapons don't show up, not sure if this is something for the setting or not cause the standard SW Dagger shows up in Hero Lab.

4.) "RS Security Truncheon" has the word "Security" but the weapon is a "Ravenlocke Security Truncheon" and just spelling out Security after the "RS is calling the weapon a Ravenlocke Security Security Truncheon when it ought to just say "RS Truncheon".

5.) No option for a “Street Soldiers” Campaign Power Level. Not sure if this is doable or not.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 10th, 2018, 04:18 AM
1.) Where does it show the grade after you've bought it? It's a long list so you do have to scroll down to get to the higher grade stuff on the purchase list, but when I do grab the higher grade stuff I do at least see the difference in strain cost (and the price to sell that it gives me if I try to drop it from my sheet).

One thing I did notice is that those are not on the Hero Stat Block output, though. And they are not on my "Extended Character Sheet" so I guess there are new categories I'd need to add for stuff, but I don't see the grade listed on the standard printed sheet or pretty much anyplace else, really. Which would be nice to see.

3.) Core weapons won't show when a data file is set to not use standard gear, which may be appropriate for a setting that has specialized gear, and especially one that has what would be standard gear but with different specs/cost, which I'm going to guess would be the case here. I think the only real workaround for that would be to modify the data file on the Setting Adjust tab and on the Interface Zero setting uncheck the "No Standard Gear?" checkbox. I don't own the setting so I could really tell you if that is really the way it's supposed to be, or not. The file's author would have to help out there.

I can't really help with the other ones, though, sorry. That'd be the data file author, which is CC, I believe.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; April 10th, 2018 at 04:20 AM.
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old April 10th, 2018, 03:51 PM
It has in parenthesis after the item name (Gutterware) regardless of which version I buy. The strain and cost is showing correct though.

Yeah I figured with the equipment it was setting stuff need to be fixed and some stuff entered in that got left out.

Since you don't have the setting you might want to snag the bundle while it is still available since it is the entire line of everything ever made for it for 90% off. It wont be available after the the 20th.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/238706...DLE?src=newest

Also, do note David of Gunmetal Games has been updating it with items the got omitted from it over the last few days. So keep an eye on the product page discussion for it to make sure you buy or re-buy as need to get everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
1.) Where does it show the grade after you've bought it? It's a long list so you do have to scroll down to get to the higher grade stuff on the purchase list, but when I do grab the higher grade stuff I do at least see the difference in strain cost (and the price to sell that it gives me if I try to drop it from my sheet).

One thing I did notice is that those are not on the Hero Stat Block output, though. And they are not on my "Extended Character Sheet" so I guess there are new categories I'd need to add for stuff, but I don't see the grade listed on the standard printed sheet or pretty much anyplace else, really. Which would be nice to see.

3.) Core weapons won't show when a data file is set to not use standard gear, which may be appropriate for a setting that has specialized gear, and especially one that has what would be standard gear but with different specs/cost, which I'm going to guess would be the case here. I think the only real workaround for that would be to modify the data file on the Setting Adjust tab and on the Interface Zero setting uncheck the "No Standard Gear?" checkbox. I don't own the setting so I could really tell you if that is really the way it's supposed to be, or not. The file's author would have to help out there.

I can't really help with the other ones, though, sorry. That'd be the data file author, which is CC, I believe.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 10th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Dang, that's one heck of a deal. Definitely grabbing that. Thanks for the heads up!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 11th, 2018, 02:38 AM
Wow, that *is* an enormously good deal! Thanks!

And I'll be working on Hero Lab this week, so I'll take a look at this, too.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old April 11th, 2018, 12:47 PM
OK, I took a look, here's what I found:

1. I found where this wasn't working, and it's a base code change, not the Setting file. So, it'll have to wait until I finish the latest update.

2. The problem with the TAP Applications was that there is no way to adjust costs per month or per Advance. Suggestions?

3. I fixed this in the Setting file, and will get that release out soon.

4. Good catch. That's the way it is in the book. I fixed this, too.

5. Street Soldiers is one of the available campaign power levels. They are right above the Companion Books in the Configure Hero window. What am I missing?

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old April 11th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Thanks, didn't see the Street Soldiers option when I was looking at the campaign setting options for some reason.

Also did catch another error with some cyberware:

Bone Reinforcement I-III is actually 3 different cyberware items. It has 3 different versions (levels) it can be bought at. Different costs Same thing with Vehicle Control Interface and Wireless Reflexes. Cyber Lungs is similar but has 2 different levels.

So you need to have Bone Reinforcement I, Bone Reinforcement II, Bone Reinforcement III, etc. (And for all the different Grade types too.)

Also, with the gear the 2.0 rules doesn't have SW Kevlar Armor according to the book as the design was to keep things simple and not have 2 different modifiers for armor. Though some people use it so Kevlar could be something to to enable as an option.

Same thing with Athletics instead of Swimming or Climbing skills. Optional but Athletics is recommended to use and is used in IZ 2.0 products, instead of splitting it up into 2 different skills.

Not sure if any thing can be done for Skill Specialization with HL. Since that is recommend to be used too and is on the 2.0 characters in books.

Glad you and zarlor got the bundle.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old April 11th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Well, I went the other way and made those so they can be bought multiple times. I need to change the code so they can be stacked.

I do have Athletics set up, though.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old April 12th, 2018, 07:32 AM
Thanks,
Quick question on the Campaign Power Level. Street Soldiers is supposed to give 10,000 credits for starting gear and another 10,000 for augments. I'm only seeing the 10,000 starting gear.. (Not sure if there is away to give money that is limited to what it can be spent on.) Didn't check the other power levels.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old April 12th, 2018, 02:52 PM
That's the issue. We can't give the extra 10,000 for specific gear because we can't assign separate stack of money for specific items, and they don't get to keep what they don't spend. All you can do is click the box to get items for free and have the GM verify what is bought against the total.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote