Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DaxxMaximum

Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:27 PM
New Beta version crashing every time I try to export a character under Shadowrun 5.0 to PDF file.
DaxxMaximum is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old January 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
I'm seeing the "checkboxes cleared" issue when I import the Yangethe from the Iron Gods Encounter Library. I haven't noticed it with the other Book 4 creatures I've imported so far, but the Yangethe cleared the Iron Gods GM Content box and reported itself as an illegal choice, so it was hard to miss. :P

Interestingly enough, it didn't appear to happen with the Yangethe from the Encounter Builder, just the Encounter Library.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxxMaximum View Post
New Beta version crashing every time I try to export a character under Shadowrun 5.0 to PDF file.
Thanks for the bug report - I have some questions:

1) Which version of Windows are you running?

2) Is there a specific character the crash occurs with? Or does it happen with even a blank character with no changes made?

3) If you try and print the character to a "real" printer, or to the Microsoft XPS printer driver, do you get the same crash? How about if you print preview the character?

4) If you have access to any other game systems, do you get the crash with those games also?

Thanks for your help!
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I'm seeing the "checkboxes cleared" issue when I import the Yangethe from the Iron Gods Encounter Library. I haven't noticed it with the other Book 4 creatures I've imported so far, but the Yangethe cleared the Iron Gods GM Content box and reported itself as an illegal choice, so it was hard to miss. :P

Interestingly enough, it didn't appear to happen with the Yangethe from the Encounter Builder, just the Encounter Library.
Thanks for flagging this - I think this is actually an issue with the Iron Gods encounter library, rather than the beta (I get the same result if I import the EL encounter in the previous version of HL).

It's happening because we used to "minimize" the sources for portfolios like this before we sent them out, i.e. select only the ones we thought it needed - apparently there was a mistake here and the IG GM source wasn't checked. The monsters in the Encounter Builder have since been updated not to do that, but we haven't updated the Encounter Libraries yet. I'll put IG on the list to update after this week's Pathfinder release, and that should fix the issue with the Yangethe.
Colen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
TempusRimeblood

Old January 23rd, 2017, 05:50 PM
I am encountering the same issue as the above poster with Shadowrun 5th Edition not printing to PDFs, and spitting out error code "ffffffff/1000" for debug purposes, in Hero Lab version 8.0a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Thanks for the bug report - I have some questions:

1) Which version of Windows are you running?

2) Is there a specific character the crash occurs with? Or does it happen with even a blank character with no changes made?

3) If you try and print the character to a "real" printer, or to the Microsoft XPS printer driver, do you get the same crash? How about if you print preview the character?

4) If you have access to any other game systems, do you get the crash with those games also?

Thanks for your help!
1) Windows 10, build 1607
2) This occurs with any sheet generated in Shadowrun, 5th Edition, even a brand-new sheet with no changes made.
3) This issue occurs using the Hero Lab "Save PDF of Hero" option, Microsoft's Print to PDF drivers, and doPDF 8. When print previewing, the following occurs:

"Hero Lab has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry! To help us fix this error, please send the following to support@wolflair.com in a single email:
1) A description of what you were doing (unless you include this, we won't have enough information to fix your problem!)
2) This file:
(there is no file here - TempusRimeblood)
3) Finally, please copy and paste this information into the email (you can right-click this message to do so):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe 8.0a 659
major: 10, minor: 0, build: 14393, platform: 2, version: , spmaj: 0, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x004e77a9
Type: bad read"

4) This issue does not occur in Dungeons and Dragons, 4th Edition (Demonstration Mode) when Print Preview is selected.
TempusRimeblood is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Alright, I've uploaded new versions of the Shadowrun data files, which should fix the bug - please download those and see if you still get the crash?

Thanks for your report!
Colen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote