Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warmachine & Hordes

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2011, 05:29 AM
I'm not a current member of the Lone Wolf team, but my understanding is that Army Builder has always been a matter of providing the tool and having members of the fanbase do the updates. It avoids licensing questions entirely and makes the product cheaper for the users as a result. It's always been that way. We've been fortunate enough to have volunteers willing to keep things up to date and hopefully someone will step up to the plate. It's also possible that TheButcher is just off on vacation. He was active back in July and it's amazingly easy to lose track of forums on the Internet.

How far off are the current War Machine stats from what they should be?
Duggan is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
thisuser

Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
I'm not a current member of the Lone Wolf team, but my understanding is that Army Builder has always been a matter of providing the tool and having members of the fanbase do the updates. It avoids licensing questions entirely and makes the product cheaper for the users as a result. It's always been that way. We've been fortunate enough to have volunteers willing to keep things up to date and hopefully someone will step up to the plate. It's also possible that TheButcher is just off on vacation. He was active back in July and it's amazingly easy to lose track of forums on the Internet.

How far off are the current War Machine stats from what they should be?
Well, I bought AB because it listed warmachine as being supported so its a little bit of false advertising to have it listed on the box but then find out the stats are pretty wrong to make it unplayable and unusable (ie Warjack points are calculated wrong, stats and abilities are wrong and this was in just one character, mind you not all stats but enough to frustrate the people I am playing with ) and so I would ask for a refund BUT... BUT im willing to update the database but I would need some help from Lone Wolf which says in there FAQ that they help support the volunteers so how would I go about contacting one of them.

also I understand you are no longer a developer so its very much appreciated someone has replied but I would like an active developer to reply and maybe help me and other people get this set up.

Anyone PM me or reply to this forum but it very much appears the previous maintainer, THe Butcher, has moved on, so i would take it over if needed but I would need help

Thanks all
g
thisuser is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
^_^ Well, for general questions of how to use Army Builder, the general Army Builder thread isn't a bad place to start.

Colen is the active developer on Army Builder. As stated before, he does not actively develop the datasets, but he'd the developer for the application, so he can answer questions and/or help people get designated as the official editor of the Warmachine files. Er... not being an AB person, I can't really say much other than to read the FAQ entry on data file editing. They seem to recommend sending an email to Support@wolflair.com if you're interested in maintaining a data file set.

But ultimately, posting on the forum is usually the best way. You get the community helping out on your questions and the answers are archived for others.
Duggan is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Ah, and also read the pinned entry in the Army Builder forum about what to do to get help with data file editing. I wish you the best of luck. Always good to see other data file contributors out there.
Duggan is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
thebutcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I've uploaded the new, full MKII version of the datafile this morning.
There are some cleanup issues I have with Cryx and Cygnar, other than that, they are complete. Of course, until Wrath comes out...

So, I'll be working full steam ahead on Hordes now. I think I'll release differently instead of one army at a time, I'll do one unit type at a time ( all warlocks, all solos etc. ).

Cheers!
The Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
hammerofulric

Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
You still can't add Soulless and Officers to the same unit in Ret lists. I have managed to fix my version of the scyrah file if the author would like it.
hammerofulric is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
thebutcher

Old July 19th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hello all!

I've got the Wrath update available for download.
Currently working on a few bugs and will have a fix uploaded sometime tonight 7/19!

Cheers!
Butcher

Warmachine/Hordes ('Retired' Confrontation and AT-43) Army Builder Author.
Magic the Gathering Card Vault Author.
thebutcher is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
santimenez

Old October 20th, 2014, 06:59 PM

It includes the models from the Vengeance book for Protectorate, Khador and Cygnar.

Includes also some fixes.
santimenez is offline   #48 Reply With Quote