Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Grimmric

Old August 5th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Hi all
If I add a picture of the monster that i want to show the player, I dont want to give it away in Player View.
I give it a name so i can keep track in Content shown. Example is Faceless Stalker.
But when i wanna show the picture, then it will give away the name at the top.
Is there any way to be able to name the monsters and still not show it in Player View?
Just the picture and not the name in the top of the frame.

/Grimmric
Grimmric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 5th, 2014, 02:55 PM
You could add a GM text field before the image and put the name there. But it would not be attached to the particular image.... It works but isn't ideal.

+1 for adding GM text to all entries; especially graphics
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 5th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Definitely use GM Directions on the snippet, as that information is never shown to the players. You *CAN* use GM Directions on every type of snippet, including picture snippets. The keyboard shortcut <ctrl+D> will add the GM Directions to the current snippet.

It seems this is a feature that @AEIOU hasn't yet discovered.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old August 5th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Sure enough, GM text works on images. I'd swear I tried that in the past to no avail. Thank you for implementing that so quickly, Rob!

Soooo many features.... Soooo little time....
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grimmric

Old August 5th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Still can't get it to work, though.

When you add a picture it will give you two lines. I change the name on the line that in default is named "Picture (Simple)"

I put a snippet as a gm directions above the picture and removed the name on the picture.

In the player preview it will show Unnamed on the right at Content Shown.
And the frame in Player View will show Unnamed.

I want to be able to name the picture so i can see it in Content Shown and easy put it to the fore and show the players. But not give away the name.
Grimmric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmric View Post
Still can't get it to work, though.
I want to be able to name the picture so i can see it in Content Shown and easy put it to the fore and show the players. But not give away the name.
This currently isn't possible. GM directions wouldn't be a suitable way to display a name in the Player Preview Content Shown list. We'd need to implement some kind of revealable aliasing functionality, similar to topics.

I can see this being something others run into. Perhaps it would be worth posting this on the feature request forum, to rally support from others with the same needs? It might also spark some discussion surrounding the best way to go about providing the functionality.
Joe is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old August 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
There should be an checkbox / option for each section that, when selected the header in the player view will be hidden.

Then it would be possible by default to show the normal header in player view, but when only selected snippets in various sections are revealed to keep the subject hidden. Everyhwere the real name can be shown (maybe with a an asterix a question mark or small eye or any other hint that the header is hidden)
Acenoid is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Solus3

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Could you name the Creature "Creature 1" then give it an Alias what isn't revealed until later. The when you type anything about that Creature in your test it shows Creature 1 with a Hyper link to the Alias until that is revealed to the player.

Just and idea as I haven't yet purchased the software. Just a bit short on funds right now. Buying the Hero Lab data sets of Patherfinder first.

Solus.
Solus3 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Grimmric

Old August 7th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I have now posted this as a feature request.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50254

/Grimmric
Grimmric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote