Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Well first it would be helpful to see exactly what your code looks like now. I can describe the general problem and a general solution, but it sounds like you're just getting started so I am unsure that will be sufficient. I'd like to illustrate and teach using your own stuff as an example.
Aaron is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old February 5th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Code currently looks like:
Post-levels; 5000
Code:
      ~modify our linked class abilities to add cleric domains
      ~we'll use the secondary abilities slot for these

linkage[varies].field[cCustTeTot].arrayvalue[1] += 1
      linkage[varies].field[cCustTeTot].arrayvalue[8] += 2
      linkage[varies].field[cCustTeTot].arrayvalue[16] += 3
      linkage[varies].field[cSpec3rdSi].text = "Cleric Domain"
and:
Final Phase; 99999999
Code:
      ~we'll overwrite the tertiary abilities' expression, since we need to make them use primary cleric abilities

linkage[varies].field[cCstS3Expr].text = "(SpecSource.cHelpClr) & !Helper.Secondary & !Helper.Tertiary"
As I've already said, the Cleric Domains are showing up but it is including the Alternate Channeling Options, which I'd rather not have in the list.
Anpumes is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 5th, 2014, 06:06 PM
So the second eval script sets the cCstS3Expr field, which stores the candidate expression for the 3rd table. A candidate expression determines what can be added to that table, so obviously something is going wrong, and the variant channelings aren't being excluded.

Currently it says "Anything added must have the SpecSource.cHelpClr tag, and MUST NOT have Helper.Secondary and MUST NOT have Helper.Tertiary"

Add a cleric level to a blank character and go to "Develop -> Enable Data File Debugging". With that checked, you can now right click on something to pull up a list of tags or fields on it, so add a variant channeling and right click on it to "Show Debug Tags". Look at the window and find the Helper group of tags.

There is no Helper.Secondary, and no Helper.Tertiary, so that is why it is slipping through currently. Do you notice a similar tag we can add to our candidate expression to exclude variant channelings?
Aaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old February 5th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
There is no Helper.Secondary, and no Helper.Tertiary, so that is why it is slipping through currently. Do you notice a similar tag we can add to our candidate expression to exclude variant channelings?
Well, thank you for the direction... You all but gave me the answer; add "!Helper.Quaternary" to the list of exemptions and viola... gone. Haha. Thanks.
Anpumes is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 5th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Glad to be of service.
Aaron is offline   #15 Reply With Quote