Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Is there a way inside of RW to change between realms, or do I have to exit the program every time?
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #1
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I was wondering the same thing!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2
Chemlak

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:43 AM
On a vaguely related note - is there a way to create a copy of an already created realm - I have two ongoing campaigns set in the same world, and much of the information is the same between them, but not all of it - it would be excellent to be able to just create a copy of the one I've done all of the work on to then edit at a later point.
Chemlak is offline   #3
zarlor

Old August 16th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I think we will eventually have the ability to change realms from within the program, if I remember the stuff I've read correctly, but for no you have to exit and restart.

I don't know about copying a Realm (never had the need) but it's a pretty good idea. I've also been wondering about if you can rollback a game session. So, for example, let's say I set-up a one-shot in Realm Works for a Con where I might do that same scenario several times with different players. I'd like to be able to either rollback the game log to get me back to the starting set-up. Although with a Copy ability I could just have a baseline that I copy over for each game that might have changes involved so a copy function would be helpful in that case, too.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4
lfseeney

Old August 16th, 2013, 03:21 PM
The copying is coming I think they said.
lfseeney is offline   #5
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2013, 08:49 PM
@zaphod: There's an issue with switching realms that we need to address. So you need to exit and restart for the moment. Once the issue is fixed, you'll be able to switch back and forth.
rob is offline   #6
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
@chemlak: Once we have content sharing in place, the proper solution for having two games being played in the same realm will be to create the realm once, then share it privately. You can then import the realm twice, once for each campaign. Each of the imported versions is distinct and can be utilized independently, while the vast majority of content in the shared realm is shared into both of those realms.

This capability is still a few months away, but the design should be able to handle it fine.
rob is offline   #7
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM
@zarlor: It sounds like you want to create a campaign and then re-use multiple times. If that's a proper understanding, you would utilize the same mechanism that I outline for @chemlak above.
rob is offline   #8
zarlor

Old August 17th, 2013, 04:57 AM
That would be correct, Rob. Thanks.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #9
AEIOU

Old August 17th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Rob, if I have a master realm and two shared realms, if I make changes in the master, will that transfer to the shared?

If yes, then I presume once it's in the shared realm, I can tweak it for that campaign's setting and those changes will be for that instance only?

Thanks!
AEIOU is offline   #10