Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DarkHerald

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I was wondering if there was any consideration been made for the following games to be included in Herolabs:

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (TSR / Wizards of the Coast)
Adventurer Conqueror King (Autarch)
**Basic Roleplaying (Chaosium Inc.)
**Castles & Crusades (Troll Lord Games)
Cyberpunk 2020 (R Talsorian Inc)
Dragon Age (Green Ronin Publishing)
Dungeon Crawl Classics (Goodman Games)
Dungeons & Dragons BECMI (TSR / Wizards of the Coast)
Earthdawn (FASA)
Labyrinth Lord (Goblinoid Games)
**Legend (Mongoose Publishing)
RuneQuest 6 (Mongoose Publishing)
**Swords & Wizardry (Frog God Games)

Persoanlly I would want to see the ones with the ** included in Herolab ASAP, espcially Swords & Wizardry, Basic Roleplaying and Castles & Crusades.
DarkHerald is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old February 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I would love to see the stuff from Goblinoid (Labyrinth Lord, Advanced Edition Companion, and maybe even Mutant Future) available for Hero Lab. Considering all the Grognards at Dragonsfoot, there could be a good amount of support. AD&D I couldn't see realistically unless Lone Wolf had some awesome negotiating power with WoTC. Stars Without Number would be cool as well, since it follows the same rule set and both LL and SWN are published under the OGL.
Krimson is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LondonGentleman

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:23 AM
I'd like to see some DCC RPG love too...probably not going to happen though...not enough users most likely.
LondonGentleman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jim havoc

Old August 6th, 2014, 02:25 AM
I'd really like to see the Tome of Horrors Complete and ToH 4 for Swords & Wizardry in HeroLab so I could throw the stat-blocks in my Realm Works dungeons, etc.
jim havoc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 7th, 2014, 03:45 AM
If the system is D20 or Pathfinder related, its not terrible difficult to use the Editor and add thse systems yourselves.

If they are unique systems, then the Authoring kit is needed and things get a lot harder.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2e is well on its way. I have a few things left to fine tune and get functioning properly, but for the most part, the data is nearly finished. I have someone helping put in the last of the spells from the Player's Handbook and have been cranking through the mechanics personally. I still have to do character sheet output and statblocks but the user interface is pretty much done.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old August 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I would love it if there were some AD&D Files as I have gone back to the glory days. Will be looking forward to doing some second ed as well once I get through running the classics.

Also Cyberpunk would be awesome I am probably going to be running some of that as well in the near future.

Haven't played Runequest 6 but I bought it and it looks interesting so I would be interested in that as well if they were available

Last edited by RampagingHoardes; August 18th, 2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Adding
RampagingHoardes is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 19th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHerald View Post
I was wondering if there was any consideration been made for the following games to be included in Herolabs:

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (TSR / Wizards of the Coast)
Adventurer Conqueror King (Autarch)
**Basic Roleplaying (Chaosium Inc.)
**Castles & Crusades (Troll Lord Games)
Cyberpunk 2020 (R Talsorian Inc)
Dragon Age (Green Ronin Publishing)
Dungeon Crawl Classics (Goodman Games)
Dungeons & Dragons BECMI (TSR / Wizards of the Coast)
Earthdawn (FASA)
Labyrinth Lord (Goblinoid Games)
**Legend (Mongoose Publishing)
RuneQuest 6 (Mongoose Publishing)
**Swords & Wizardry (Frog God Games)

Persoanlly I would want to see the ones with the ** included in Herolab ASAP, espcially Swords & Wizardry, Basic Roleplaying and Castles & Crusades.
Your best bet is community oriented, many of these games will have small player bases, whcih means the work involved will not likely show a profit. As well most or all are no longer supported. LWD is a business and they need to invest where it makes business sense.

However they have provided us with a editor and an authoring kit, so get your players together as a team and go to it! Share it with others, look at the Pathfinder community files to see what can be achieved, truely great things.
Exmortis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 19th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
However they have provided us with an authoring kit.
Lone Wolf provides a "Skeleton File" for that kit, it is up to the user to turn a copy of that file into a game system. It is no small feat to accomplish. You have to learn xml syntax and how hero lab works. Coding the AD&D 2e files has been an arduous process. I am currently working on the character sheet output, and just have a few things left to do for the UI to have it done. If you're going to build a game system in these files, you should know up front it requires a major commitment of time to do so.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old August 20th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Lone Wolf provides a "Skeleton File" for that kit, it is up to the user to turn a copy of that file into a game system. It is no small feat to accomplish. You have to learn xml syntax and how hero lab works. Coding the AD&D 2e files has been an arduous process. I am currently working on the character sheet output, and just have a few things left to do for the UI to have it done. If you're going to build a game system in these files, you should know up front it requires a major commitment of time to do so.
Yes I am aware, been working on my campaigns HL file for almost a year now, and that pales to what you have achieved.

But it is an option amd if they team up, it may be doable.
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote