Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

8thavenger

Old October 21st, 2018, 05:21 AM
My GM added a house rule so everyone gets 2 skill points for a for skills related to their profession (although not necessarily a profession skill). of course all characters in my portfolio are failing validation. I'd like to add a house rule so that Player Characters get 2 extra skill points but I'm not sure how to go about it. Any Suggestions?
8thavenger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 21st, 2018, 08:15 AM
Since the program will never have a way to know if a skill is related to a given character's profession then I wouldn't code that into a data file or anything. Rather that's what Permanent Adjustments are made for. Look to the Personal tab of the character and just add an extra Skill point from there every time it would be appropriate to have it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; October 21st, 2018 at 05:42 PM.
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
8thavenger

Old October 21st, 2018, 04:13 PM
I just need to add 2 skill points so hopefully you just answered my questions
8thavenger is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old October 21st, 2018, 08:28 PM
There's certainly ways to put in a house rule modification that will just give everyone an extra two skill points; I remember doing something similar with the Synths in my Broken Earth file. As I recall its mentioned somewhere in the Common Code thread.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old October 22nd, 2018, 04:38 AM
Yeah, it's definitely doable, but the question is if it's just a single house rule that only applies in a limited situation is it worth coding an entire new file for it? Especially if it's just extra points at character creation (so it's a one-time add) or if it's situational such that you only get 2 points for skills on level-ups IF you're buying skills in your Profession, but only 1 if not. Admittedly the former is a lot easier but honestly I wouldn't have ever bothered for a quick thing like that. To me that's exactly what the ease of having that Personal Adjustments section is for.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote