Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Paragon

Old March 4th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_hm View Post
The community and player base for the many rulesets based on pre-3rd edition D&D keeps growing and still no support for any of them?
Keep in mind that to dedicate resources to them LW has to decide that they're worth negotiatiing with the owners of those rulesets (which are, after all, splitting the OSR base themselves, so any individual one is only going to get a subset of that group) and doing whatever is needed to get a working version--and one of the features of even OS D&D style games is that a lot of stuff is one-off specific items which are labor intensive to put in since they're all special cases.

So I can't imagine there's a great motivation for LW to divert much attention to it.
Paragon is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2018, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I was cursing your name the other day. I was rolling up a 2e character for the first time in I don't know how many years, and I had to do it by HAND with a PENCIL and a RULE BOOK.

Situations like that are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! So get move on!

:-p
I move at my own pace. I have health issues as well. So I can't always be coding for you guys. It will be done when its done. There are a number of issues I need to get resolved with it. Some are simple fixes, others are going to take me some time. I just got the Vampire 20th anniversary edition world of darkness file nearly done (and by done I mean it supports Werewolf and Mage as well).

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 5th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Keep in mind that to dedicate resources to them LW has to decide that they're worth negotiatiing with the owners of those rulesets (which are, after all, splitting the OSR base themselves, so any individual one is only going to get a subset of that group) and doing whatever is needed to get a working version--and one of the features of even OS D&D style games is that a lot of stuff is one-off specific items which are labor intensive to put in since they're all special cases.

So I can't imagine there's a great motivation for LW to divert much attention to it.
I'm sure someone at Lone Wolf is a Necromancer and raise Gary and Dave from the grave for the purpose of "negotiation" on the old school game systems, right? They are not fully "dead" systems either as Hasbro is still selling books from the OD&D and AD&D lines in pdf format.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 5th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I move at my own pace. I have health issues as well. So I can't always be coding for you guys. It will be done when its done. There are a number of issues I need to get resolved with it. Some are simple fixes, others are going to take me some time. I just got the Vampire 20th anniversary edition world of darkness file nearly done (and by done I mean it supports Werewolf and Mage as well).
I was hoping that the hyperbole and the :-p at the end would have been enough to let you know that my comment was nothing more than light-hearted teasing. To state that more explicitly now, my comment was not serious.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, and please accept my good will and good wishes on that point.
EightBitz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 6th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I was hoping that the hyperbole and the :-p at the end would have been enough to let you know that my comment was nothing more than light-hearted teasing. To state that more explicitly now, my comment was not serious.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, and please accept my good will and good wishes on that point.
I have a lot on my plate right now and I code based on what my current needs are. Also, the mechanics for Vampire, Mage, and Werewolf are so structurally similar to Exalted that it wasn't hard to reuse bits of code I had already finished for that system. I coded one, but have been hammering out the Old World of Darkness quickly due to what I already have completed. Everything else is on the back burner for a bit until I get around to it.

RavenX is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Quote:
I'm sure someone at Lone Wolf is a Necromancer and raise Gary and Dave from the grave for the purpose of "negotiation" on the old school game systems, right? They are not fully "dead" systems either as Hasbro is still selling books from the OD&D and AD&D lines in pdf format.
Sorry, the Necromancer position was cut when we discovered 90% of the applicants were just posers and/or Marilyn Manson.
Aaron is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Marilyn Manson is a great bard though. Plus you missed golden opportunities to have his dad show up to work dressed like him just to embarrass him.

RavenX is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:39 PM
As of last night, I did get the file I'm working on updated to V20 though. So that's one thing knocked off my list. Now I just have to update the other two parts and build whatever is needed, if anything, for Dark Ages vamp. One month and I have hammered this bad boy out.

RavenX is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 8th, 2018, 03:45 PM
And you guys should be careful with the term old school... I do own Vampire the Masquerade 1st edition and it was published in 1991, its pretty old school at this point, lol.

The D&D file has a lot of work to be done on it still. I am nowhere near done hammering on it nor do I think it will be quick to finish, but I'll work on it as I get time.

RavenX is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 13th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote:
And you guys should be careful with the term old school... I do own Vampire the Masquerade 1st edition and it was published in 1991, its pretty old school at this point, lol.
An argument that I've seen to get you just nowhere with OSR proponents.
Paragon is offline   #30 Reply With Quote