Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sevrick

Old September 20th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Ok so I found it it very annoying when for example, I will create a new auto added snippet in the individual category and title it DM and have it auto added to all future individual categories. Time passes and after like 40 entry's of individuals I realize that the DM snippet is a text and I want to make it a tag instead with limited options. So then I realize if I want to change the category up a bit I have to go through all 40 records individually and delete the old DM snippet base on a text format and add the tagged one, other wise I can't delete the category preset until every last one is gone. This is a pain in the butt to say the least.
I have a suggestion make to where you can at least see which ones are labeled as the field you are trying to delete. I don't know how many times I will think I got them all only to realize I still can't delete it and have to continue hunting for that last one. It makes even more difficult when you accidentally added text into that field you are trying to delete and in order to see if it is the category that needs to be deleted you have to convert it to text and delete the entry.
The better way to go would be to allow you to delete the preset field and it would delete all instants of that field in your records. You might add a prompt that asks you if you want to delete in the event that it has something in it.
On a side note I am also having trouble locating records with a specific field tag so that I can delete them. I created a species tag before it was added later. I am now trying to convert those tags to the updated ones so I can delete the tag I created. So you can understand my problem.
Sevrick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bobifle

Old September 23rd, 2015, 03:54 AM
The same thing happened to me, and I even hit a bug where I had hunted down all the individuals and yet RW wouldn't let me erase the snippet in the category definition. (I had only 3 individuals, so hunting was much easier).

I pretty sure this feature has already been requested though.

Edit : http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ete#post211993

Last edited by Bobifle; September 23rd, 2015 at 04:01 AM.
Bobifle is offline   #2 Reply With Quote