Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aldaron

Old April 21st, 2015, 02:50 AM
I'm in the process of getting a couple of older campaigns going, and I bought the Gothic Heroes (Legendary Games) HeroLab files ages ago, but have only just opened them up for the first time.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that every character has the ability to cast 3 "Spark" spells, along with "Haunted Fey Aspect", "Putrefy Food & Drink" and "Scrivener's Chant". Doesn't matter if they're a spellcaster or not, and even if I remove the class level, the spell tab vanishes, but the spells actually remain in the "In-Play" panel.

I simply can't figure out what's going on. There doesn't seem to be any option to get rid of them.
Aldaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 21st, 2015, 08:14 AM
Don't see that, could you give more details on which stock portfolio you see it in?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 21st, 2015, 01:17 PM
It's the .por files from Legendary Games. They come with the "Gothic Heroes" pregenerated characters. I'm waiting to hear back from LG, but I thought I'd post here as well in case anyone else had the same problem.
Aldaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 21st, 2015, 02:07 PM
I'm not aware of any .por files that are included in the Gothic Copendium package we sell. All the monsters and characters should be in .stock files (and looking at that file, it appears to be only monsters).

Is it possible you're looking at something older? Something from before they started selling an official version through Hero Lab? What you're describing reminds me of a bug that existed several years ago, but wouldn't appear in characters who were created in the last few years, and the Gothic Compendium material in Hero Lab is only 3 months old (it was released in January).
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 21st, 2015, 05:02 PM
Hi Mathias,

Yep, these were from a couple of years ago, were a zip file containing the .por files for the characters, and came with the "Gothic Heroes" PDF.
Aldaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:54 PM
I'm afraid if they were created during the period that bug existed, the best option is to recreate them from a clean portfolio, unless you know how to edit the XML of the .por file and remove the errant spells manually.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 21st, 2015, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that.
I'll hop into the XML - I was just hoping I might have missed something really common!

Thanks.
Aldaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2015, 04:49 AM
First, in the program, get the Ids of the spells that shouldn't be there. Then, change the .por file's extension into a .zip file and open it. I forget off the top of my head which file name to look for inside there, but you'll want to find those spells and delete the element they're within, and finally, change the extension back to .por.

Sorry it's been a while, I don't remember the details of what the element will look like.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 22nd, 2015, 06:01 AM
If they're sample characters, and low level, I'd personally open two copies of HL, open the portfolios in one copy and blank characters in the other, and copy all the settings from one to the other. That seems simpler to me than figuring out the XML.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If they're sample characters, and low level, I'd personally open two copies of HL, open the portfolios in one copy and blank characters in the other, and copy all the settings from one to the other. That seems simpler to me than figuring out the XML.
Yep, I think that's what I'll be doing!
Thanks for your help.
Aldaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote