Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
Background:
The calculation of dice pools for Active skills that are modified by cyber limbs appears incorrect.

Steps to Recreate:
1.) Added a Obvious Lower Arm cyberlimb. Modified Agility, Body and Strength values to match existing character values (that is, cyberlimb values are just as good as non-cyber limb, Body 6, Agility 5, Strength 5).

2.) Added Pistols Skill to Active skills.

3.) Added a Ares Viper Slivergun to Weapons.

4.) Dice pool calculation for Ares Slivergun shows "Cyberlimb Agility - Hero's Agility (-5)". This value should be 0.

Other Thoughts:
After additional fiddling, it looks like it currently just subtracts the character's Agility with no verification of the cyberlimb's value.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Oh, and BTW, this was specific to cyber-lower-arms - no other cyberlimb.
Mathias is online now   #71 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Background:
Selecting offhand on a cyber limb and adding weapons, the added weapons' dice pool calculations are as if they are main hand. You cannot select "Off" on the Weapons tab for these weapons either.

Steps to Recreate:
Add a cyber arm (any sort) to a character. Added a Spur, Hand Blade or Hand Razors. Toggle cyber arm to "Off hand".

The cyberlimb weapon is added as a weapon automatically to the Weapons tab, without the "Off" option selected. Dice pool values are calculated as if the weapon was Main hand. Additionally, selection of "off" hand is not possible (it simply ignores the selection and goes back to '-').

Other Thoughts:
It is minor, but without the ability to toggle the "Off" option on the Weapons tab, the dice pool calculations are incorrect and unable to be corrected at the same time.
The fact that they weren't fixing their weapons to the same hand as themselves is a known issue. I can't duplicate your report that you can't change the handedness, though - I'm able to change that as a workaround for the first issue.
Mathias is online now   #72 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forge_24 View Post
I was entering new ranged weapons and noticed that you can only select a single mode of fire instead of multiple ones. You should be able to select multiple firing modes for a single weapon.
Mathias is online now   #73 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
I don't think this actually works. I bought an armored vest with the defaults off as suggested above. And the item still had the rfid & wireless enabled.
I've added the non-functional defaults to my to-do list, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #74 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Bug in the Journal Tab: Street Cred issue: When I put in -X 0<x<infinity for street cred it won't decrease the street cred to below Karma/10 rounded down. When Street Cred is higher than this it will decrease, the Karma/10 thing is being read as a lower limit for some reason.
Mathias is online now   #75 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
A quick report. When outputting an active hero to BBCode the Sony Emperor Commlink is misspelled "Emperer".
Mathias is online now   #76 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Can't add more than one spare clip to a gun (note I typically carry three clips for my main gun).
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this error.
Mathias is online now   #77 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
Suggestion.

Add the following specializations to the Pistols skill: Light Pistols, Heavy Pistols. There are sample characters with at least Heavy Pistols as a specialization.
Since Light Pistol and Heavy pistol were among the suggested specialties in 3rd edition, but they're not among the suggested specialties for 4th edition, and the pre-generated characters are so close to their 3rd edition versions, it's my opinion that whomever wrote the 4th edition skills intended to do away with those specialties, but whomever wrote those sample characters didn't notice that.
Mathias is online now   #78 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Attempting to Boost a knowledge skill gives the following validation error.

Knowledge Skill: Paracritters - Knowledge Skill: Skill Name Must be Specified

The Knowledge skill was added after creation. Not that it matters, gives the same error when selecting one made at character creation.
Mathias is online now   #79 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Background:
The starting nuyen calculator doesn't work properly. It fails to account for bonus values from lifestyle/leftover nuyen.

Steps to Recreate:
1.) Create a new portfolio.
2.) Add a new identity and lifestyle. Select Low Lifestyle.
3.) Hit the roll button for starting nuyen values. Continue for several rolls - note values far below what should be possible (200) and none even hit the average value (975).

Other Thoughts:
Looks like it is rolling based off the lifestyle, without the extra dice from leftover nuyen. That is the calculations are 3d6x50, not (3d6+9)x50. Very minor issue.
Mathias is online now   #80 Reply With Quote