Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old June 30th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I bought Hero Lab today, with Call of Cthulhu, and I’ve been trying to use it, but I’ve come across a couple of problems.

The first is that whatever connection is supposed to be made between my browser (the latest version of FireFox) and Hero Lab wasn’t made, and I don’t know how to fix it. Rebooting didn’t work and I’m not sure what to do next.

That means I can’t get to any Help files that exist online about my other problem.

The second problem is that when I try to export the file as a PDF, it won’t let me because I hadn’t downloaded an update.

I tried to download the update and it said it wouldn’t download it because something was ‘already running’ but the only thing that was running at the time was Hero Lab. I had nothing else going as I’d just rebooted to see if that fixed the problem above, which clearly it didn't.

Can anyone suggest what I could try next?

--
Lexin
Lexin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 1st, 2015, 07:23 AM
For the pdf program - the installer you've downloaded needs to update Hero Lab to add pdf export capability, so once you've downloaded the installer, you need to shut down Hero Lab, then run the installer.

For the help files, let's try getting at them another way. In the Tools menu, choose "Explore Folders" and then "Game System Data Folder". That will open a folder from your hard drive. Then, go to the "docs" subfolder in that. In that folder, you should see several .htm files. Do you have your computer set up so that you can double-click them and they'll launch in firefox?

If not, within firefox, click the icon that looks like three horizontal bars at the top right (which will say "Open Menu" if you hover your mouse over it). Click on "Options" in the list it opens, and then in the General tab (which is the default page on mine). Near the top of that page, it should either say "Firefox is currently your default browser" or "Firefox is not currently your default browser". If it's not your default browser, there should be a button to let you set it as your default browser - click that button, and make it the default.

Once firefox has all the settings it wants, restart HL just in case there's some tests done when HL starts, and then you should be able to open the documentation.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote