Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Paris.Crenshaw

Old December 19th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hi, All. I'm working with a company to help them produce data sets for their RPG products. I have done a lot of work with data sets in the past, but I'm still running into problems with making them ready for publication (i.e., removing references to data sets that aren't used, etc., so that users don't get as many error messages when they load them).

I feel like this should be easy, but it's been quite a while since I've had to use the Editor in this way, and I can't remember what tools and steps are necessary to make it work correctly. Is there a tutorial or manual for this somewhere?

Thanks.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 20th, 2012, 08:28 AM
In the Develop menu there is a "Prepare Portfolio for Distribution" option, than limits the sources to only things used in the portfolio. That way you can start with everything available, finish whatever character you need, and then with the click of a button automatically adjust the Config Hero window.

Another option you may want to know about is the "Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources", which can get rid of a user made source. For example, in my home game I've got my own source that turns on all the Krynnish races and things I've made. If I made a portfolio and handed it to you, without the user file that defines my source, you'd get an error. Once you strip the missing source though, that error should disappear thereafter.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old December 20th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Thank you very much, Aaron! I knew you guys had made it easier. (Oh, my addled mind.)
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 20th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hi!

In case you hadn't seen it yet, we also have a section of our web site dedicated to Powered By Hero Lab, which covers various aspects of releasing data files.

Among the material, you'll find a quick registration form you can use to tell us about the upcoming releases. We use the registration as a prompt to announce your products with the availability of Hero Lab files in our newsletters, so it's a great way to spread the word.
John is offline   #4 Reply With Quote