Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Mergon

Old May 8th, 2017, 09:00 AM
The last few times I started to work on UA material like the Artificer, someone else has put it out before me. It's gotten so that I now wait and see who'll put it our before I can.

I'm surprised no one has done the new feats yet.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #431 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 8th, 2017, 02:19 PM
The UA's have been coming out so hard and fast with the community poking holes in them so quickly that it's just not been worth the effort. Now we are going through the re-run's of those UA releases.

Honestly, I'm more likely to just ban UA at this stage and wait for what I can only assume is going to be a major player content release.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #432 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 8th, 2017, 07:54 PM
I think UA is going to 1 per month. Yes, a phb 2 book would be awesome, but i imagine that wouldn't happen prior to Xmas time. Books take a while to make, and announcements would be made well in advance to build hype.

Anyhow, i signed up for github and am working on mystic. I could use some help since I'm new to this
furby076 is offline   #433 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 8th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
If the community scriptwriters used 5C or 5E in ALL there tags there would be no issues.

A lot of my most used stuff (like the Mystic and Artificer didn't include my ID unfortunately - SoE). I used cMystic, cHelpMys, cArtificer, and cHelpArt when I created them. It was a mistake on my part at the time. To change everything would have required my players to re-created or modify literally dozens of characters (like happened with the Mystic).

In my opinion, all the Community materials should have the 5C in all tags; including those for class ID and helpers. <sigh>

I have started including my ID in all my tags. But Id rather do without community material than go through the headaches I experienced with my Mystic version when the Community version came out.

I've had to do this with the Communities' version of the UA Artificer and have not missed it. I have been workign on creating my own version of the UA Artificer, but I have so much on my plate and so little free time to implement it all . . .
Would you mind sharing your mystic files? Maybe i can swipe some of that stuff into my work? Im trying to make version 3
furby076 is offline   #434 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 8th, 2017, 08:06 PM
I'll see about uploading it to the GIT site. Remember, this was created for my own (and my players) use. I've kept it true to the UA Mystic but have only just started updating it to version 3.

I've tried to keep my custom material in separate files; that way my homebrewed stuff doesn't show up for peeps who wouldn't want it. This is mostly custom feats, Orders, Disciplines, and Talents.

Mergon is offline   #435 Reply With Quote
Movian

Old May 12th, 2017, 04:41 AM
So not sure if I did something wrong or a small bug in the community pack.

Duergar Fighter LVL 3

It's showing invisibility on my spells page, Duergar don't get that till lvl 5
Movian is offline   #436 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 18th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Sorry about the UA Mystic folks. I feel ill the day after I posted and have been in the hospital for the past 6 days. I have yet to get back into the swing of things.

Mergon is offline   #437 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old May 21st, 2017, 01:35 PM
For personal reasons I had to step away from games for a while. Now I am back. Am I right in seeing the latest update is from Feb and is 1.8?

Just checking to make sure I have not missed some of your great work. :-)
dafrca is offline   #438 Reply With Quote
dafrca

Old May 26th, 2017, 12:04 PM
if you find a typo do you want it reported over at GIT or just pointed out?
dafrca is offline   #439 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 26th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Report it at git. Then there's something to track it by.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #440 Reply With Quote