Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LordValerius

Old March 11th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Yes - the core files don't have that. The add-on should also be changing the type that's assigned to familiars - they become magical beasts, and are therefore no longer subject to the INT 1-2 restriction that applied when it was still an animal.

From what I can tell in my limited knowledge, the error must be in the Monster Manual add-on...When I open MM-Compiled.user and look at the entry for rmToad2, I am assuming it needs to have some form of eval script to have it change the toad's type upon becoming a familiar, and to my utter frustration, I just don't have the HL scripting skillz to hammer that out.

Anyone have an idea of what needs to be added? Or am I on the wrong track here?

Thanks!

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I believe that validation rule is in the Animal type that is part of the community files.What needs to be done is to go into the eval rule, and add that it should be valid if the hero has a tag stating they are a familiar or paladin's mount.
Aaron is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 12th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I believe that validation rule is in the Animal type that is part of the community files.What needs to be done is to go into the eval rule, and add that it should be valid if the hero has a tag stating they are a familiar or paladin's mount.
Thanks for the reply Aaron and I apologize for not being fluent in the HL scripting language....I don't speak it, but if someone were to speak it to me, I could repeat it well enough to be understood =) If you catch my meaning...

I understand that you all don't have the time to constantly do these things for those of us who are lesser in their knowledge of the scripting, but if anyone could give an example of how that particular script might look, I think those of us who need it, could run with it. I hope.

Once again, I apologize for not being a script master and I hope everyone understands.

Thank you.

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
an example, if you will:

If you open up the MM - Creatures Types Compiled file in your editor, go to the Type-Animal entry under the specials tab. Open up the eval rules and add the following code:

Code:
validif (hero.isminion <> 0)
This code will validate the requirement that an animal must have an INT score of 1 or 2 if it is a minion. Unfortunately, this also applies to animal companions, so its not a perfect solution. I haven't yet figured out how to check for just a familiar or a paladin's mount. Once I have managed that, I will update the file and add it to the 1.7 release.
Sendric is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM
hero.isminion

is only asking how you added this character - it's a 1 if this character was added as a minion of another character, like an animal companion or a familiar, and 0 if it's a top-level character, which would normally be how you'd enter a monster.

However, it's also = 1 for a guard dog or a warhorse bought on the Other tab, and in those cases, you do want to enforce the INT <= 2 rule.

There are specific hero tags for animal companion and familiar - keep looking. You'll want to look in the Develop menu...Show Hero Tags while you're looking at a familiar and then at an animal companion, and compare those lists to a warhorse bought on the Other tab, and to an animal that's added as a plain old monster.
Mathias is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 16th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Thanks, Mathias. I had done that (quickly), but I hadn't accounted for my own stupidity. I saw "CompIs.cPalMount", but couldn't do anything with it because I read it as an "L" instead of an "I".

Anyway, here's the real fix:

Code:
~ We are also valid if we are a familiar or Paladin's Mount
validif (hero.tagis[CompIs.cArcFamil] <> 0)
validif (hero.tagis[CompIs.cPalMount] <> 0)
I'm updating the file for the 1.7 release.
Sendric is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks, Mathias. I had done that (quickly), but I hadn't accounted for my own stupidity. I saw "CompIs.cPalMount", but couldn't do anything with it because I read it as an "L" instead of an "I".

Anyway, here's the real fix:

Code:
~ We are also valid if we are a familiar or Paladin's Mount
validif (hero.tagis[CompIs.cArcFamil] <> 0)
validif (hero.tagis[CompIs.cPalMount] <> 0)
I'm updating the file for the 1.7 release.
On behalf of paladins everywhere Sendric, I say thank you.

Now, how long until LawfulG update 1.7 hits the streets?

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
LordValerius

Old March 17th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I for one, appreciate that you guys do your best to help those of us who don't have the time in our lives to dedicate to learning this scripting language....and I am sure at times, it must drive you all crazy having folks like me needing/wanting our HL to function a certain way, but don't have the skills to make it happen...

Thank you for your help. It really is appreciated.

That being said, I've done my best to incorporate the fix you have suggested, adding it in a couple different spots within the 3 eval rules for the Type-Animal in the user file and each time when compiling, getting an error indicating that "the script does not support the '@valid' special symbol so the use of validif is illegal" message.

Not sure if it is because I've added it in the wrong area of the eval script or what. There are no extra characters within the fix and I've cut/pasted it into the eval script and insured it is correct in it's format...

LordV
LordValerius is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 19th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordValerius View Post
I for one, appreciate that you guys do your best to help those of us who don't have the time in our lives to dedicate to learning this scripting language....and I am sure at times, it must drive you all crazy having folks like me needing/wanting our HL to function a certain way, but don't have the skills to make it happen...

Thank you for your help. It really is appreciated.

That being said, I've done my best to incorporate the fix you have suggested, adding it in a couple different spots within the 3 eval rules for the Type-Animal in the user file and each time when compiling, getting an error indicating that "the script does not support the '@valid' special symbol so the use of validif is illegal" message.

Not sure if it is because I've added it in the wrong area of the eval script or what. There are no extra characters within the fix and I've cut/pasted it into the eval script and insured it is correct in it's format...

LordV
I'm going to take a guess here, but I think you're putting it in the wrong spot. You said "...within the 3 eval rules..". There is only 1 eval rule for Type - Animal, but there are 3 eval scripts. So, my guess is you're trying to put it in one of the scripts instead of the rule.

So, first thing is please double check that you are adding it to eval rule instead. If that doesn't work, then I might need you to send the file, or attach it here or something.

As far as "driving us crazy", I, for one, don't mind at all. I like trying to figure out these problems even though my grasp on the scripting language is tenuous at best.
Sendric is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 19th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
On behalf of paladins everywhere Sendric, I say thank you.

Now, how long until LawfulG update 1.7 hits the streets?

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
You're welcome. As for the release date, that's up to Shadow. I believe his last projected date was "soon", so hopefully that means in the next few weeks. I believe he was having computer problems as well which could delay things.
Sendric is offline   #60 Reply With Quote