Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

stuartwaring

Old July 2nd, 2021, 09:13 PM
Kia ora koutou,

I am relatively new to HLO, so this may be a rookie question. I have a Patron account, and a boatload of licenses. People using apprentice accounts should then be able to access all of my sources, if I am not mistaken.

One of my players wants to play the tattooed sorcerer archetype (from Inner Sea Magic - Campaign Setting #6 License which I have) - but neither of us can figure out how to add it. Kinda figured it should be under Archetypes, but it is absent. In fact there are no valid archetypes available for a Sorcerer

Any help appreciated
stuartwaring is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old July 2nd, 2021, 09:29 PM
Update: When I create a character, I have way more options than my player (in just about all areas - I have more classes available, and the archetype shows up for me), but I checked the campaign options, and Inner Sea Magic is checked to be shared.

Update 2: All the source books were unticked. They are all ticked in the campaign settings as defaults, so should they not have carried through?

Thanks for any thoughts

Last edited by stuartwaring; July 4th, 2021 at 10:45 PM.
stuartwaring is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 7th, 2021, 07:47 AM
I've only encountered this when the PCs were "player-owned." They have to be GM-owned (but can be player-managed) in order to benefit from shared material.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 7th, 2021, 08:02 AM
Greetings,

It sounds like mototom has the right idea here, the issue here is almost certainly that the PC that's been made is currently configured as being "Player Owned" instead of being set to be owned by the Campaign/Patron who owns the material that is being shared.

For a bit more info on the how and why of it all you can check the Q&A section of our wiki for the product.

https://info.wolflair.com/xwiki/bin/...tent%20Sharing
Ryan F is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old July 8th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Kia ora, I don't think this can be the case, as they only have apprentice accounts, so don't own any content themselves.
stuartwaring is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 9th, 2021, 09:31 PM
You don't think this is the case, or you know this isn't the case? It's easy to check.

In your campaign, under PCs and Players, are they listed in the section labeled Member-Owned PCs or Member-Controlled PCs. Any PC under Member-Owned will not have access to your shared content.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
LordFlameStryke

Old July 9th, 2021, 11:06 PM
I would also like to add, don't transfer ownership of the character to the Apprentice account. I made this mistake and it is a headache to fix. We ended up just deleting the character and starting over again. Make sure you only transfer control of the character but retain ownership.
LordFlameStryke is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old July 10th, 2021, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
You don't think this is the case, or you know this isn't the case? It's easy to check.

In your campaign, under PCs and Players, are they listed in the section labeled Member-Owned PCs or Member-Controlled PCs. Any PC under Member-Owned will not have access to your shared content.
Apologies - I was at work and unable to log in to check the status. The PC's are listed as Member Controlled - not Owned.

This is why I felt the Campaign defaults should have applied to those characters on creation
stuartwaring is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 11th, 2021, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
Apologies - I was at work and unable to log in to check the status. The PC's are listed as Member Controlled - not Owned.

This is why I felt the Campaign defaults should have applied to those characters on creation
No apologies necessary! I don't believe campaign sourcebook settings are pushed to the characters. If they are member-controlled and owned by the GM, then check the character settings and see if the sources are enabled there. I could be mistaken, but I think I've also needed to enable the shared sources they want to use on each character.
mototom is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old July 13th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
No apologies necessary! I don't believe campaign sourcebook settings are pushed to the characters. If they are member-controlled and owned by the GM, then check the character settings and see if the sources are enabled there. I could be mistaken, but I think I've also needed to enable the shared sources they want to use on each character.
Yes - they do have all the options - but I kinda want the to be set as the default - which is what I thought would happen.

Possibly this is on the roadmap for future?
stuartwaring is offline   #10 Reply With Quote