Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 4th, 2020, 02:03 PM
Oh - one other thing on the Core Skills bit - not everyone HAS to have them.... There's that flexibility again lol. Bootstraps can't be deleted.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #191 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 11th, 2020, 12:33 PM
OK, I have a possible solution on the PowerDeny tags. If we move forward with it this way, it may require a little work on the Setting files.

Previously we could load up the Arcane Backgrounds with as many of these tags as we wanted, and could use this to block all Powers at this level.

Now, we will need to use Precludes to manage Powers at the Setting level, and use the PowerDeny tags only to block Powers that are allowed to be in the Setting, but not allowed for that particular Arcane Background.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #192 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old August 20th, 2020, 12:47 PM
OK, one change to the PowerDeny function. Previously, it prevented the Power from appearing on the list at all. In SWADE and going forward, they will still be on the list but will be greyed out and have an error message that says they are not allowed for that particular Arcane Background.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #193 Reply With Quote
einhager

Old January 6th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Maybe someone here can confirm this. I'm currently creating a user file for Achtung! Cthulhu for SWADE. I'm working on Armory items at the moment and I've added a bunch of items and currently. I noticed something as I was testing, normally I can see all the items available from Medieval to Futuristic. However, when I turn on the user file, all that is replaced with the user content. It seems to operate the same way with the Rippers content that was (I think) created when SWADE was released. Is that the way it's suppose to happen?

I want to have the full breadth of the armory available, not just the user content I've created. Would I need to recreate the SWADE gear list in my custom user file or is there some way to show both content fully?
einhager is offline   #194 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 6th, 2021, 11:08 PM
It depends on if the user file includes the tag to remove standard gear. Check and see if there's a Setting Adjustment record for it in the Editor. That may be why you can't see anything as soon as you select that Setting.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #195 Reply With Quote
einhager

Old January 7th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Will there be a Settings option to give players Multiple Languages in SWADE? One of the SWADE setting rules states to provides the Linguist edge for free. Can that be created so it doesn't break validation rules by stating an overspending error or be given to characters as a bonus edge prior to the start of creation? Like the free edge to Humans as a racial bonus.

I tried to create a new Human race with the free Novice Edge and included the Linguist Edge. That kind of works but I'm seeing an overspending error in Edges. There is also the lack of language fields appearing in SWADE which leads me to the next bit.

I see the option in the Setting Adjustment, but when I go to test it, I see the validation error when I turn on the Multiple Language settings, there are no fields to insert languages to satisfy the validation.

Last edited by einhager; January 7th, 2021 at 09:34 PM.
einhager is offline   #196 Reply With Quote
einhager

Old January 7th, 2021, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
It depends on if the user file includes the tag to remove standard gear. Check and see if there's a Setting Adjustment record for it in the Editor. That may be why you can't see anything as soon as you select that Setting.
That worked, thanks CapedCrusader. I had indeed checked No Standard Gear in the Settings Adjustment.
einhager is offline   #197 Reply With Quote
einhager

Old January 8th, 2021, 01:47 AM
Just noticed something to correct.

The description for the Scholar Professional Edge under SWADE is incorrect. It's stating "Pick any two Knowledge..." instead of "Pick one Knowledge..." as per the SWADE rule book.

Last edited by einhager; January 8th, 2021 at 02:14 PM.
einhager is offline   #198 Reply With Quote
einhager

Old January 8th, 2021, 02:47 AM
It appears the Hard of Hearing Minor Hindrance is only deducting the Notice skill by -2 instead of -4.
einhager is offline   #199 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 8th, 2021, 08:58 PM
There are a whole raft of fixes waiting for approval and release. I believe those are on the list. Including removing that validation as invalid anymore under SWADE rules.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #200 Reply With Quote