Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2018, 03:25 PM
Merchant's Manifest brings you all new items to spend your filthy lucre on, all the better to take on the challenges in chapter 2 of the War for the Crown. And if you're not concerned with money, you just might be mad enough to view the cosmic horrors available in Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos book!

Note that Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos is not yet available for sale. We'll get this option added to our sales page soon.

Player Companion #32 (with Merchant's Manifest!)
War for the Crown Encounter Library

New Releases
  • Merchant's Manifest is now available as the first book in our Player's Companion #32 package!
  • Songbird, Scion, Saboteur, Chapter 2 of the War for the Crown AP is now available in our latest Encounter Library!
  • The Bestiary from The Twilight Child, Chapter 3 of the War for the Crown AP is now available in our latest Encounter Library! The encounters will be added in our next update.
  • Ia! Ia! Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos is now available as a stand alone book!

Enhancements & Changes
  • The class abilities of the Familiar Benefits tab are now replaced by familiar archetypes, and the former racial abilities those added have been converted to class specials to show in that tab.

Bug fixes
  • Shifter's Defensive Instinct ability was not interacting correctly with armors normally made of metal which were made with Ironwood instead.
  • Monkey Style was not modifying the Prone condition when active.
  • Weapon Trainings added to a Magus with the Myrmidarch archetype were applying too high of a bonus.
  • The Caster Level of pre-made Potions of Shield of Faith were incorrect for this higher bonuses.
  • Armor of the celestial host was slowing the heroes speed when equipped.
  • The Armor of Bones oracle revelation was marked as an Extraordinary ability.
  • Nidalese Shadowcaster couldn't select a spell correctly.
  • Summon thanadaeomon had the wrong spell level.
  • A psychic searcher wasn't benefitting from the amazing inspiration talent correctly.
  • The sanguine bloodline was adding to the CL of item spells.
  • The halfling gunslinger's favored class bonus wasn't adding correctly to the gunslinger's dodge deed.
  • The Page of Spell Knowledge was not functioning for classes which gained spontaneous casting through an archetype.
  • When archetypes bootstrapped class abilities with an override to their description text, the old text was showing is "Added Abilities" before the archetype was added.
  • The Nachzehrer race had incorrect DR.
  • The School Understanding arcanist exploit was not functioning correctly when added to an Exploiter wizard.
  • The Devil Binder summoner archetype was not replacing summon monster ability.
  • The Spells Cast Per Day adjustment was causing an unresolvable validation error when applied to Spontaneous Book casters (like the Arcanist).

Data File Authoring
  • Created the Helper.CntTable2 through CntTable5 tags, used by archetypes which add weapon training to their base class but in a table other than the primary one.
  • ARTs which serve as the familiar half of arcane familiar archetyes can now utilize AbReplace tags.

I'd like to apologize for all the trouble with this release - we initially attempted to publish 14.7, assuming that it would work with the new 8.5a release of Hero Lab itself, because that release should not have affected the data - it was primarily to fix a crash bug that had been identified, but it turned out that 14.7 only worked with 8.5, and not with not 8.5a, and because Hero Lab prompts you to update HL itself before updating the data files, people very often encountered problems installing 14.7. So it is my fault for making that assumption and then not testing it on 8.5a, and I'm very sorry for any trouble I've caused.

Last edited by Aaron; September 19th, 2018 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Couple double space typos.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2018, 03:36 PM
Something that you may notice when installing this update:

During this import, the file list on the right-hand side will begin with
Files to be DELETED by import:
NPCs (Inner Sea NPC Codex).stock

This is expected – that file has a lot of complex NPCs in it, and the size of the file was causing us problems, so it’s been split into two files; NPCs (Inner Sea NPC Codex A-K).stock and NPCs (Inner Sea NPC Codex L-Z).stock
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old May 7th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Updated to 14.8 and Community Pack 1.17 on an iPad Pro and got this error upon loading a portfolio:

Quote:
File: COM_GMPack_AP007 - Curse of the Crimson Throne.user (line 82) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('raSporeClo') - found in 'COM_GMPack_AP007 - Curse of the Crimson Throne.user', 'built-in packages'
However, a different portfolio loaded fine, so I went back to the original and... now it loads okay, too.

Of course, it appears to be working so I don't really have a problem; this is just FYI for everyone else...
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 7th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Updated to 14.8 and Community Pack 1.17 on an iPad Pro and got this error upon loading a portfolio:

However, a different portfolio loaded fine, so I went back to the original and... now it loads okay, too.

Of course, it appears to be working so I don't really have a problem; this is just FYI for everyone else...
For some strange reason its appearing that the 1.16 Pack is not getting cleared out until the 2nd load of HL on the iPad. Or my guess why a few people seem to be reporting this issue......

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old May 9th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
For some strange reason its appearing that the 1.16 Pack is not getting cleared out until the 2nd load of HL on the iPad. Or my guess why a few people seem to be reporting this issue......
Was having this issue too, glad I did a search on the forum first. I've tried restarting HL on my iPad several times. I've even reinstalled the update. Still I'm getting the duplicate raSporeClo error. Any other ideas on what to try? Is there a way to manually clear out 1.16?
Lonewolf147 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 9th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
Was having this issue too, glad I did a search on the forum first. I've tried restarting HL on my iPad several times. I've even reinstalled the update. Still I'm getting the duplicate raSporeClo error. Any other ideas on what to try? Is there a way to manually clear out 1.16?
Yes on the iPad click on "Updates" at the bottom of the HL app. In the "Installed Updates" (bottom left) and Swipe Left on the Pathfinder Pack and delete it (twice if you see it more than once). Then download and install the Pack again.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 20th, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old May 10th, 2018, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yes on the iPad click no "Updates" at the bottom of the HL app. In the "Installed Updates" (bottom left) and Swipe Left on the Pathfinder Pack and delete it (twice if you see it more than once). Then download and install the Pack again.
Thanks. That worked for this error, now I have a bunch of others. I'll start a new post to work on it, since it is related to a 3rd party user file (Rappan Athuk)
Lonewolf147 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Krom_bsl

Old July 12th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Hello can we get the patch note for the latest version. i did notice some report i did was fixed but was curious of what else.
Krom_bsl is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old July 20th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krom_bsl View Post
Hello can we get the patch note for the latest version. i did notice some report i did was fixed but was curious of what else.
As far as I understand, the most recent release was just for compatability with the new longer unique IDs, and wasn't intended to include any recent bug fixes.
Lawful_g is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old August 2nd, 2018, 08:29 AM
Was wondering when we'll see the next update to the data files for HLC? It's been 3 months since the last release. Thanks.
Krothos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote