Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 13th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I think what chiefweasel is doing is looking at how many skill ranks a monster has, then reverse engineer the skill points granted by HD to a new amount (different from what the type normally gives)

For example, I have this monster, it has 3 HD, but it spent 7 skill points. I want to change the skill points granted per HD from the normal 2 (based on type) to 2.33 for this race instead. That way It will stop giving me errors
Lawful_g is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
If that is the case Lawful_G then I understand why he is having so many issues. I never reverse engineer skill points as most of the time it is wrong. Instead let HL calculate the correct number based on the Hit Dice. So lets use your 3HD creature with 7 skill points and assume it is an Aberration which gets 4 Skill Points per level. So at 3HD it should have a total of 12 skill points.

Using your example this means that only 7 skill points where used leaving another 5 skill points listed as unused on the Skill tab. This would be exactly like I mentioned above that those 5 should be left in Red for the next DM. They can decide to leave them unused or like myself I would allocate them quickly to skills I think make sense.

Mostly likely Acrobatics so it can tumble around the PCs.

The main points being don't reverse engineer skills or feats and instead let HL calculate the correct number. If you need a weapon to have a different Crit Range then use a script or tags to change that instead of giving it a feat that is not listed in the stat block.

Hope that helps....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 13th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Lawful_g is correct. all i am basically trying to do is get the numbers correct so that no errors appear. LW seems to have been able to do it for the entire bestiaries, so it should be possible.

as for the feats, i looked at the t-rex, in order to get the 19-20 crit for a natural attack, they have given it improved critical feat. anyone know a monster that has a nature attack crit of 19-20 that doesnt have imp crit?

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Chiefweasel, the Bulette has a 19-20 bite with no feat. If you make a copy of the race and look at the bootstrapped bite attack you'll see the tag used is "Helper.Keen"
Lawful_g is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Sorry, I was remembering an alteration to the t-rex's bite, but mis-remembering what it was - the change there is the x2 STR bonus. I thought I remembered it having to do with the threat range.
Mathias is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 13th, 2011, 08:19 PM
That seems to have done the trick for the crit range, thx Lawful_g.

Now just to fix the skill numbers, lol.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old October 13th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Now just to fix the skill numbers, lol.
let HL calculate the correct number based on the Hit Dice. So lets use your 3HD creature with 7 skill points and assume it is an Aberration which gets 4 Skill Points per level. So at 3HD it should have a total of 12 skill points.

Using your example this means that only 7 skill points where used leaving another 5 skill points listed as unused on the Skill tab.

Just encase you missed what I wrote above.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
Mike Dowd

Old October 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Has anyone yet done Serpent's Skull?
Mike Dowd is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old October 27th, 2011, 09:57 AM
@Mike - I was just looking for it. I guess I'll need to add it to the list of things to do.
tatteredking is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I have to say.. I am kind of disappointed. Lonewolf is missing a fairly decent opportunity in the Adventure Paths. You could charge for them by each path if you did the Bestiaries from them. They are one of Paizo's Major contributions to the RPG industry and many many people that use Hero Labs USES the Adventure paths. Yet for some reason you guys have not even tapped that market at all.

I realize that this is a dead horse so to speak and that we could code them ourselves and some have... but it just is not the same because it is basically boot strapped and put together with tissue paper and gum (bad metaphor I know) and boot strapped to make it work and yet does not fit the bill as much as Lonewolf could with their superior access to their own coding

If the adventure paths weren't such a big deal and it was not Paizo's major sales area.. then I would not bring this up... but being it is the largest sales area for their line of books and such. Might Lonewolf please pick it up to so we as users of Hero Labs do not have to bootstrap something together from now on should we choose not to? It is only 6 beasts/creatures at the end of the books (usually only 6 that is). Having you guys do the beasts and or creatures would make it actually much nicer and cleaner looking as well.

I appreciate any and all feedback you can provide for me if able.
Thanks!

P.S please do not think I do not appreciate all the effort by the community that they have put in for the Adventure Paths and such.. I am just asking for an official answer on this and maybe an official entry for the beasts too.
Nikmal is offline   #160 Reply With Quote