Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old February 24th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEdaniels View Post
Personally, I'm glad I looked at it in preview mode before I spent money on it. The SRD version won't even allow me to make my mountain dwarf soldier fighter without entering most of the info myself.

There are excel files (that are portable) that are more useful to me right now that are free.
I thought the same thing. But when the community pack came out it was easy enough to install. And yes, I tried it with the demo version a few minutes before I decided it was in fact more than good enough to purchase.

The main issues I have seen so far have been weapons on the PDF output. If you are dual wielding, your Offhand Weapon is shown on the PDF as also being a Main Hand weapon, including main hand damage. However everything is correct in the client itself and it's only the PDF output that is affected.
Krimson is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
The main issues I have seen so far have been weapons on the PDF output. If you are dual wielding, your Offhand Weapon is shown on the PDF as also being a Main Hand weapon, including main hand damage. However everything is correct in the client itself and it's only the PDF output that is affected.
I covered how to get the sheet to show TWF HERE.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I covered how to get the sheet to show TWF HERE.
That's great, thanks! I don't suppose you have a trick that let's monk weapons wielded by a monk show Martial Arts damage?
Krimson is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Why ask for tricks? If something's not working right, please use the General Hero Lab Support stickied thread to report it as a bug so we know about it and can get it fixed.
Mathias is online now   #44 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
That's great, thanks! I don't suppose you have a trick that let's monk weapons wielded by a monk show Martial Arts damage?
"Maybe". The issue being I have no idea what "Martial Arts Damage" is. No such wording exists in Pathfinder. I don't actually play 5e but I know "HL" really well and Dual Wield is the same thing pretty much as "Two-Weapon Fighting" in pathfinder.

If I get the chance to night I can read up and see. In Pathfinder the Flurry of Blows attack values use to be different than a base attack value. I had an addon that showed those values on printed sheets until LW did it officially. In that case I could "maybe" do something similar and add to the 5e community pack.

At the same time its worth noting that you really should put in an official bug report about something not displaying on the character sheet. "Tricks" should only be done if LW won't get to it anytime soon. But sense 5e is so "small" I would think that is not the same issue we have in Pathfinder.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the link. I sent the report. Yes, in the 5e PHB a monk's Martial Arts damage should be applied to monk weapons if the damage is greater than that of the weapon.
Krimson is offline   #46 Reply With Quote