Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old July 13th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks everybody for the bug reports. As a courtesy, I would appreciate if you mention the source material when entering a bug report just to make things a little easier on my end when searching for the data.
Sendric is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Gilmax

Old July 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Can you describe the problem that arises when using it in gestalt?
Since it is using class Knight as the level verification, when I select to use it for my gestalted knight class, my class name is diffrent so it doesn't show up. For know I just created a new ability to mimic it and used the new class name instead of Knight.

Regarding the fix for the calulations in Knights Challenge, can you provide me the updated eval script, as this may help me with some other issues I am having with some custom stuff I have. Thanks.

Gilmax
Gilmax is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 13th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmax View Post
Since it is using class Knight as the level verification, when I select to use it for my gestalted knight class, my class name is diffrent so it doesn't show up. For know I just created a new ability to mimic it and used the new class name instead of Knight.
Is the gestalted knight something you created? Unfortunately, I don't know much about gestalted classes, so I'm not really sure what the fix would be for the community files to support this.

Quote:
Regarding the fix for the calulations in Knights Challenge, can you provide me the updated eval script, as this may help me with some other issues I am having with some custom stuff I have. Thanks.

Gilmax
Of course!

Code:
      var level as number
      var total as number
      level = hero.child[cHelpKni].field[cTotalLev].value/2
      level = round(level,0,-1)

total = level + hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value
      total = maximum(1, total)

field[hTotal].value = total
Sendric is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Gilmax

Old July 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Gestalt is an option from Unearthed Arcana which allows you to combined two classes into one. So yes the Gestalted class (in this case a Knight and Favored Soul) is something that I have to create. This was the first time I have run into a class ability that had a conditional modifier on it like this, so I thought it may have been a bug from the person that originaly created the content. Again, I have a work around in place for this, but figured I would bring it up to the attention of others.

This does leave me with a question of why does this ability need the condition, when no others are needing it to apply at the proper level?

Gilmax

(P.S. Thanks for the script, and fast response. This is one of the many reasons that I love Hero Labs.)
Gilmax is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 13th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
This does leave me with a question of why does this ability need the condition, when no others are needing it to apply at the proper level?

Gilmax

(P.S. Thanks for the script, and fast response. This is one of the many reasons that I love Hero Labs.)
I don't specifically know why this is the case, but when you bootstrap something (in this case a feat), it bootstraps immediately regardless of when the class special is added. LW uses helpers to add feats with class specials, but I can't seem to see the helpers so I don't know how they do it exactly.

You're welcome. Glad I could help.
Sendric is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Sendric, the Ranger's endurance feat class special - the one that uses a helper - should be considered an obsolete way of handling a bonus feat from a class. Look at more recent exampes of class specials bootstrapping feats like "Speed of Thought" from the Soulknife class.
Mathias is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
So, of course I looked at the one special that uses an antiquated way of doing things. /sigh

Anyway, I looked at Speed of Thought. Basically, it appears to be the same methodology used to create Mounted Combat. Two oddities I saw though:

1) When I open up the srdpsi_class_soulknife.dat file and looked at the Speed of Thought class special, there is no condition attached to the bootstrap. However, if I'm in a .user file and do New (Copy) and select Speed of Thought the condition is there. Its not clear to me why or how that happens.

2) Speed of Thought lists "None" as the source. If I do the same thing with the Mounted Combat class special, it no longer shows up in the Knight tab of the portfolio (Speed of Thought does) in the list of abilities. If I list Knight as the source, it shows up.

I can't see any other differences between the two that would explain either of these oddities. Thanks for pointing that out, though, Mathias.
Sendric is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM
The /source folder represents the data files as of quite a while ago - we've stopped updating that, so its contents don't represent the current state of bug fixes. Only those who originally installed the d20 files while we still used the /source folder will even see it.
Mathias is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 13th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Ah. Makes sense then.
Sendric is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
salexnder

Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks for the report. This issue was actually fixed in the 1.7 release. Please make sure your files are up to date.
Downloaded the current d20 core set and followed the instructions off cheeseweasel.net to install and got the same results. Adds 2 to the reflex saves when you pick a class then a race (or vice versus). Tried it over and over with a human cleric. Running HeroLab v4.0b #315 on a Mac with d20 system v4.0, and it calculates correctly. Add in Lawful_G d20 v1.7 and the bug happens. Deleted all files, reinstalled, same results. Deleted all files again, just installed stock d20, works fine.

Really wanted to use it as I need some stuff out of the PHB2.
salexnder is offline   #100 Reply With Quote