Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

EdSteiner

Old January 15th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Well so good so far, I haven't broken anything <EG>. One of the hardest areas for me has been cleaning up and standardizing of the army files. So each army uses the same terms, format and so forth. Also fixing the small FAQ errata’s that needs coded into the files from Armybook FAQ and/or leftover data.

Ok, here are the highlights for Feb.
So first off, if in doubt and you cannot remember that really cool roster build, print or .pdf a hard copy in case I broke something on you. Tweeked, on how some of the free exchange weapons work, look at WoC Skullcrushers or Empire Demigryph Knights. Neat little coding trick, it even adjusts the statline plus added any special rules to the unit. Other small army fixes, like the O&G Animosity table now printing on the roster, or Skaven SA, SiN rules printing on roster.

Look for a monthly release cycle, and as always, “If you cannot rebuild it then print it, I know that when the files are released, the core source code is correct. So it will be up to you to tell me what is broken or needs to be fixed”

Anybody here a Classic Battletech fan too? Drop me a line let me know.

EdSteiner

Si vis pacem, para bellum - if you want peace, prepare for war

Last edited by EdSteiner; January 16th, 2013 at 06:16 AM.
EdSteiner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old January 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM
More Febuary musings

Do to some background code issues, several of the common magic items or normal items will trigger an error in saved roster files. Either print them or remember the character/unit build outs, Before you update the Feb release. I will add that as a alart in the import for the file, so you get one last time to be warned.

That said, alot of neat behind the hood stuff. Also the free exchange upgrades and several of the smaller weapon upgrades were having a poor interface with the unit output. To make a long story short just plain wrong Others had to do with some upgrades not being charged for the unit champion or in one rare case being charged (x3).

Well that is all <o

Last edited by EdSteiner; January 20th, 2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Typos
EdSteiner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old January 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Well today I found and have hopefully killed the incorrect Sv or WSv being show in the top section and then when you select the unit in the lower section it has the correct number. I think that Ulltra said it right on how to clean this up, I found a way to use the correct starting stat in the unit preview window but then re-code it when you choose the unit due to how the system then views armor the unit starts base with and how other upgrades or magic affect its final value.

That and a major undertaking to have the WoC Chaos Warriors and Chosen that as you add all the weapon choices in that the St/At is adjusted to reflect a St 4* or with the attacks 3* or in the case of Khorne 4*. Since you can take an Extra Hand Weapon, and even a Great Weapon with heck a Shield too, because it says “Must be equipped with at least one”. Made for a very complex set of scripts to keep the numbers adjusted based on what you selected. I urge everyone to check out that interface when it is released in 2.52. And then still be able to have the unit Champion take the Enchanted Shield while making sure the stat line gets adjusted correctly.
EdSteiner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
More stuff that are in the works
Headlines:
• Bug Fixes (Typos, other small stuff)
• Multiple weapon upgrade unit selections errors fixed (Units were stacking weapon bonuses).
• Options/Equipment/Magic definitions amended to use consistent terms.
• FAQ checked to ensure that they all have made it into file. (Jan13 FAQ's withstanding)
• Created validation rule for Tomb King Hierophant to be highest wizard level.
• Created validation check for duplicate Disciplines error on Slaan Mage-Priest.
• Modified unit stats via Prelink so the correct starting Save stat is shown in the Available Units window. This affected many characters and some units in all armies that had armour upgrade options.

Due to the coming weekend being Super Bowl Sunday expect the dataset to go live Wends/Thur this week provided my beta testers dont find anything I broke.

Again, Print your rosters out or rememeber the build-outs, I suspect that due to the amount of background code I tweeked, that many of them will error out. But rest assured that the dataset will allow you to rebuild them.
EdSteiner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RICHARDC1967

Old January 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
More stuff that are in the works
Headlines:
• Bug Fixes (Typos, other small stuff)
• Multiple weapon upgrade unit selections errors fixed (Units were stacking weapon bonuses).
• Options/Equipment/Magic definitions amended to use consistent terms.
• FAQ checked to ensure that they all have made it into file. (Jan13 FAQ's withstanding)
• Created validation rule for Tomb King Hierophant to be highest wizard level.
• Created validation check for duplicate Disciplines error on Slaan Mage-Priest.
• Modified unit stats via Prelink so the correct starting Save stat is shown in the Available Units window. This affected many characters and some units in all armies that had armour upgrade options.

Due to the coming weekend being Super Bowl Sunday expect the dataset to go live Wends/Thur this week provided my beta testers dont find anything I broke.

Again, Print your rosters out or rememeber the build-outs, I suspect that due to the amount of background code I tweeked, that many of them will error out. But rest assured that the dataset will allow you to rebuild them.
Super Bowl is Feb. 3rd..
RICHARDC1967 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old January 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Your right, I hate the Pro-Bowl. This coming week
EdSteiner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote