Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeorian View Post
When a particular Knowledge skill is a class skill, why must it be added manually? Shouldn't it automatically show up?
Automatically adding and deleting things is a large can of worms. What happens to the skill if you change your mind about what class you want - if you decide to make this character a Sorcerer instead of a Wizard, would you rather have your knowledge/arcana skill ranks stay intact, or would you be wondering why that skill, and that skill alone, had lost the record of the points you put into it (when it was deleted with the class that added it, the user-entered information was lost, too - the fresh copy added with the new class doesn't know there had been a copy before).

What about a Bard or a Wizard, who has every knowledge skill as a class skill - how many entries do you want to see in the skill list? With the current method, it's your choice how many of those you want to see (Bards can use all knowledge skills untrained, but we leave it up to the user how many of those they want to see in their skill list).
Mathias is online now   #31 Reply With Quote
Exitilus

Old March 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Advanced Players Guide

Wolf Shaman / Druid Totem Transformation. You can only apply the effects for a certain time limit a day. I just made myself a Wolf Shaman and found that when I choose which Totem Transformation. It gives me a Bite Attack that shows up permanently on the character sheet. Rather than an In-Play Adjustment.
Exitilus is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Daeorian

Old March 28th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Inaccuracy in Stealthy feat.

The Summary Text says, "You get a +2 bonus on all Hide checks and Move Silently" while the description text says, "You are good at avoiding unwanted attention and slipping out of bonds.

{b}Benefit{/b}: You get a +2 bonus on all Escape Artist and Stealth skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill."

I found this when I printed my character and found the comment about Hide and Move Silently on the sheet. So, I loaded the editor and did a "New (Copy)" on the Feat tab. That way I could see where the erroneous text was.
Daeorian is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
chava

Old March 28th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Problem with Fighter (Archer archtype)

Weapon Master (20th level ability) should increase the critical multiplier of chosen weapon (longbow in my case) to x4, but it stays x3.
chava is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
karmill

Old March 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Longbow, Composite does not seem to appear in the Weapon Focus or Weapon Specialization lists when choosing the feats although it does show up in the Point Blank Master feat.
karmill is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Composite Longbows count as Longbows for the purpose of feats. Choose that weapon and it will also affect the composite version.
Lawful_g is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmill View Post
Longbow, Composite does not seem to appear in the Weapon Focus or Weapon Specialization lists when choosing the feats although it does show up in the Point Blank Master feat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Composite Longbows count as Longbows for the purpose of feats. Choose that weapon and it will also affect the composite version.
The bug here is that composite longbows are showing up for the Point Blank Master feat. I've put that on my to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #37 Reply With Quote
pbrain

Old March 30th, 2011, 06:07 PM
A tiger animal companion is receiving +4 stealth and +4 acrobatics, but Mr. Jacobs says in the following link that they should not receive it: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...cialSkillBonus
Edit: And here: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...hThis&page=1#8

Last edited by pbrain; March 30th, 2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Found another source
pbrain is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
RMR

Old March 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
After installing V5 i get this error when loading pathfinder up.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

the following errors occurred

thing 'cHelpCRM' - Bootstrap thing 'cPFRMAWepF' does not exist
RMR is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 31st, 2011, 07:51 AM
RMR - Check what user files you have loaded. Look in the HeroLab/data/pathfinder folder, and try moving all the .user files out of that folder, and in HL press ctrl-r for a quick reload - make sure it works now. Then, put the .user files back in the HeroLab/data/pathfinder directory one at a time, using ctrl-r each time to try compiling things with the current set of user files, and identify which of those user files is the problem. Then, you can use the editor to fix the problem, now that you've identified which file to look in.
Mathias is online now   #40 Reply With Quote